Morgan Somerset is an associate in the Mergers and Acquisitions Group, and is resident in the New York office.
Morgan represents domestic and international buyers and sellers in private and public domestic, cross-border and global mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, joint ventures and private investments in a broad range of industries.
Recent matters include representation of:
- DIF Capital Partners, a leading global investment fund manager with the acquisition of a 55 percent ownership interest in Wireless Everywhere LLC (dba Airtower Networks), a leading developer, owner and operator of wireless digital infrastructure.
- Falcon Capital Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: FCAC), a SPAC, in its US$3.9 billion business combination with Sharecare, Inc., a digital health company based in Georgia.
- Sempra Energy, one of North America's leading energy infrastructure companies, in its US$3.37 billion sale to KKR of a non-controlling, 20 percent interest in Sempra Energy's new business platform, Sempra Infrastructure Partners, which integrates Sempra LNG, a leading developer of liquefied natural gas export infrastructure with IEnova (Infraestructura Energetica Nova, S.A.B. de C.V.), one of the largest private energy companies in Mexico. The transaction values Sempra Infrastructure Partners at approximately US$25.2 billion, including expected asset-related debt at closing of US$8.37 billion.
- Quad-C Management, Inc. in its US$1.2 billion sale of AIT Worldwide Logistics Holdings, Inc., a leading global provider of transportation and logistics solutions, to The Jordan Company.
- NTT DATA, Inc., a recognized leader in global information technology services, in its acquisition of Nexient, LLC, a US-based software services firm.
- CVC Capital Partners:
- along with a consortium of investors in the US$3.5 billion investment for a 22.55% stake in Authentic Brands Group LLC, a brand management company and owner of a portfolio of brand name companies.
- in its acquisition of a majority interest in ExamWorks, a global leader in independent medical examinations, peer reviews, document management, and related services.
- Techniplas LLC, a provider of technical solutions to the automotive, transportation and industrial markets, in its sale of the issued and outstanding equity interests and assets of certain of its subsidiaries in the context of Techniplas LLC's chapter 11 proceedings in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Landcadia Holdings II, Inc. (NASDAQ: LCA), a blank check company, on its cash and stock acquisition of Golden Nugget Online Gaming, Inc. (GNOG), one of the nation's leading online casinos, from Landry's Fertitta LLC, part of the Landry's group of restaurant and hospitality businesses. The transaction values GNOG at US$745 million.