Nettie is an associate in our Project Development and Finance practice, based in Singapore. She has experience in the development and financing of power, infrastructure and oil & gas projects, as well as cross-border M&A transactions.
Prior to joining White & Case, Nettie worked in London and Abu Dhabi.
Her experience includes representation of:
- Saudi Aramco in connection with its joint venture with North Huajin Chemical and Panjin Xincheng to develop and finance a US$10 billion refining and petrochemical complex in Liaoning province, China.
- Saudi Aramco in connection with its proposed acquisition of an interest in Zhejiang Petrochemical's refining and petrochemical complex in Zhejiang province, China.
- China Steel Corporation and Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners, as sponsors, on the development and NTD 45 billion (US$ 1.6 billion) project financing of the 298MW Zhong Neng offshore wind project in Taiwan.
- AIIB, EBRD and ICBC on the project financing for Zhanatas Wind-Power Station LLPs construction and operation of a 100 MW wind farm, including 8.6km 110kV single circuit line connecting to an existing substation, in the Zhambyl region of south Kazakhstan.
- The export credit agencies and a syndicate of international and Taiwanese commercial banks on the €2.7 billion (NT$94 billion) project financing of wpd's 640 MW Yunlin offshore wind project in Taiwan. This deal won "Asia Pacific Renewable Deal of the Year 2019" by PFI Awards, "Asia Pacific Offshore Wind Deal of the Year 2019" by IJGlobal Awards, "Overall ECA-backed Deal of the Year 2019" by TXF Awards, "Project Finance Deal of the Year 2019" by FinanceAsia Achievement Awards, and "Energy and Infrastructure Project of the Year 2020" by Asia Legal Awards.
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) on the development, equity sale process and US$3 billion (NT$90 billion) financing of the 589 MW Changfang and Xidao (CFXD) offshore wind project in Taiwan. This deal won multiple industry awards, including "Asia Pacific Renewable Deal of the Year 2020" by PFI Awards and "Project Finance Deal of the Year 2021" by IFLR Asia Pacific Awards.
- Ghazanfar Group, as sponsor, on the development and financing of a 58.6 MW gas-fired power plant in Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan.
- Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of a 95 percent interest in Swancor Renewable Energy Co. Ltd, including its 25 percent interest in the Formosa 2 offshore wind farm project in Taiwan. This deal won "Renewables Deal of the Year, Asia-Pacific" at the 2019 Infrastructure Investor Awards.
- Equity participants on their interests in the development of various offshore wind projects in Taiwan.
- The sponsor on the refinancing of and joint venture agreements with respect to an integrated aluminium facility.*
- The sponsor in relation to the restructuring of the project financing of Egypt's largest oil refinery.*
- The lenders on the US$1.2 billion non-recourse project financing of military satellite communications equipment and associated services to a government entity in the Middle East.*
- The sponsors on the project financing of a gas field development in the Middle East.*
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) and Export Development Canada (EDC), as lenders, on the project financing of the Izmir Bayrakli and Kocaeli integrated health campuses in Türkiye.*
- The lenders on the refinancing of a Spanish waste management company.*
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board (PSP Investments) on its acquisition of and subsequent sale of minority interests in Forth Ports Limited, a leading port operator in the UK.*
* Experience prior to joining White & Case