Nicole is a partner in White & Case's Debt Finance practice, based in Los Angeles.
Nicole has a bi-coastal and international finance practice representing both borrower and lender clients including major commercial banks, investment banks, private equity funds and corporates in connection with complex finance transactions including secured and unsecured syndicated financings, private debt placements, domestic and cross-border leveraged acquisition finance, asset based lending and mezzanine financings. Nicole also has experience in mergers and acquisitions and international asset finance, as well as advising clients on general corporate matters.
As a mark of the esteem in which she is held in the finance community, Nicole has been twice shortlisted as a "Rising Star in Finance" in the Americas by Euromoney's Women in Business Law Awards.
Nicole is active in pro bono matters serving marginalized women and children locally and globally, including sitting on the Board of Directors of one of the oldest non-profit organizations in Los Angeles.
Nicole holds a BA, magna cum laude, and a JD, cum laude from Pepperdine University. In law school, she was the Editor-in-Chief of the Pepperdine Law Review, a Dean's Scholar and became a member of the Order of the Coif.
Prior to attending law school, Nicole had a successful career as an entrepreneur in the health and fitness industry, independently owning and operating health clubs and running a consulting business for other fitness entrepreneurs.
Representative Lender Representations
- Representation of Credit Suisse in connection with a half-billion dollar financing for Paradigm Outcomes, the nation's leading provider of medical management services for catastrophically injured workers, in connection with its acquisition of the surgical management solutions provider, ForeSight Medical.
- Representation of Deutsche Bank as Lead Arranger in connection with TransUnion's multi-billion dollar credit facilities.
- Representation of Deutsche Bank in the arrangement of a multi-billion dollar senior secured credit facility for the leading auto dealership computer software provider.
- Representation of American AgCredit, one of the nation's largest farm credit co-operatives, in connection with its credit facilities for a global market leader in fresh produce.
- Representation of Credit Suisse AG Cayman Islands Branch, as Agent and Revolving Lender, in connection with the out-of-court restructuring of the existing first and second lien credit facilities of Alert360, formerly Central Security Group Inc. The existing first lien credit facility was refinanced with a new term facility and the existing second lien credit facility was exchanged for equity interests in the Borrower.
Representative Private Equity Representations and other Borrower Representations
- Representation of Swissport, the world's leading provider of airport ground services and air cargo handling, on its comprehensive restructuring and recapitalization. The financing was comprised of amendments to existing credit documents to facilitate a restructuring, a super senior facilities agreement to provide a €300 million interim facility, and a €500 million term loan facility incurred in connection with the completion of the restructuring. The restructuring provided Swissport with a delevered and strengthened balance sheet by addressing approximately €1.9 billion of existing debt, and left the business with improved liquidity with which to withstand the ongoing challenges posed by the coronavirus pandemic. The transaction was named "International Company Turnaround/Transaction" of the year by Turnaround Management Association (2021).
- Representation of global energy provider Hess Corporation in respect of its debt facilities including most recently its three-year, US$1 billion term loan credit facility.
- Representation of private equity firm Harvest Partners in connection with multiple acquisition financings, including its acquisition with Audax Private Equity of AP Exhaust, a manufacturer of automotive exhaust systems, and Centric Parts, a distributor of auto parts; and its acquisition of Athletico Physical Therapy, a clinician-owned physical therapy business.
- Representation of the global private equity fund Partners Group in connection with the financing of its initial US$1 billion leveraged acquisition of PCI Pharma Services, a leading global provider of outsourced pharmaceutical services with substantial operations in the UK.