Niklas Helmer focuses on Swedish and international arbitrations and litigation proceedings, and has particular experience in insurance and construction law.
Prior to joining White & Case in 2010, Niklas served as an associate judge at Svea Court of Appeal and as an assistant judge at a district court.
- Representation of one of Sweden's largest construction companies in major commercial litigation proceedings against the Swedish Transport Administration concerning claims in relation to the collapse of a stretch of road under construction.
- Representation of a Swedish municipality in litigation in Swedish courts regarding tort claims.
- Representation of a Swedish construction company in litigation proceedings regarding claims following water damage on construction site.
- Representation of a Nordic insurance company in a dispute regarding claims under an insurance policy.
- Representation of one of Sweden's biggest construction companies in an ad hoc arbitration regarding claims under a contract for the construction of a sports arena.
- Representation of a Swedish construction company in SCC arbitration proceedings regarding inter alia delay claims under a construction agreement.