Niklas Helmer focuses on Swedish and international arbitration and litigation proceedings and has particular experience in insurance and construction law. He regularly acts for both insurance companies and their policyholders in the Swedish court system.
Prior to joining White & Case in 2010, Niklas served as an associate judge at Svea Court of Appeal and as an assistant judge at a district court.
- Representation of one of Sweden's largest construction companies in major commercial litigation proceedings against the Swedish Transport Administration concerning claims in relation to the collapse of a stretch of road under construction.
- Representation of a Swedish municipality in litigation in Swedish courts regarding tort claims.
- Representation of a Swedish construction company in litigation proceedings regarding claims following water damage on construction site.
- Representation of a Nordic insurance company in a dispute regarding claims under an insurance policy.
- Representation of one of Sweden's biggest construction companies in an ad hoc arbitration regarding claims under a contract for the construction of a sports arena.
- Representation of a Swedish construction company in SCC arbitration proceedings regarding inter alia delay claims under a construction agreement.
Chambers Europe/Global 2019 and 2020 Dispute Resolution Sweden
The Legal 500 2018, 2019, 2020
Dispute Resolution Sweden
The Legal 500 2018, 2019 and 2020 Insurance Sweden