Nikolay is a partner in our Corporate/M&A practice. He focuses on M&A transactions and joint ventures. He has significant experience advising clients in natural resources, TMT and financial services industries on domestic and cross-border corporate transactions. He also leads the Technology Working Group in Moscow.
Nikolay is listed as one of the leading corporate/M&A lawyers in Russia in the latest editions of Chambers Europe and Global, Legal 500 and by Best Lawyers. Nikolay is a lecturer at Moscow State University (MGU) and Moscow State Law Academy (MGYuA).
Nikolay's experience includes advising:
- acting as financial advisor to the seller – RZD-Infrastructure Projects (subsidiary of Russian Railways) – in connection with its sale of a stake in Sukhodol, a major seaport in the Russian Far East, and the refinancing of the Russian Railways loan to Sukhodol.
- as financial advisor and auction manager to UTLC (a subsidiary of the Russian Railways) in the US$968 million sale of 50% + 2 shares in the charter capital of PJSC Transcontainer via auction process.
- acting as financial advisor to Russian Railways (seller) in the US$153.56 million auction sale of 100% minus one share in the charter capital of JSC VRK-2, the Russia-based provider of rail car and wagon repair services.
SIBUR Holding, Russia's leading petrochemicals giant, in connection with:
- US$ multi-billion acquisition and merger with TAIF Group, creating a petrochemical giant valued at US$27 billion and making SIBUR the world's top five polymer producer. The deal was awarded "Deal of the Year" by Forbes Russia at the end of 2021.
- disposal of a 40 percent interest in Amur Gas Chemical Complex (Amur GCC) (US$10 billion project) to China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec), China's leading energy and chemical company, within the JV deal.
Rostelecom, an unrivalled Russian leader in the telecom industry:
- on the disposal of a 44.8 percent stake in SafeData LLC (SafeData), the leading data centers and cloud services provider in Russia, to Russia-based VTB Bank for US$464.3 million (RUB 35 billion) within the JV deal.
- on the acquisition of DataLine, a leading Russian data-center services provider, for approximately US$280 million.
- on the acquisition of 75% of the developer of Sailfish mobile operating system.
NIPIGAS, acting as the EPC contractor, in connection with the US$20 billion construction of the gas processing plant Baltic LNG and technological utilities, infrastructure and offsites in the area of Ust-Luga in Russia for LLC RusChemAlliance as a client.
Moscow Exchange in the acquisition of a stake in e-fx trading platform BierbaumPro AG.
Takeda in connection with divestment of a portfolio of select pharmaceutical assets exclusively in Russia and several CIS countries to STADA Arzneimittel AG for a total value of US$660 million.
Resource Capital Fund VII L.P., a US-based private equity fund, in a 35 percent indirect equity acquisition of RG Gold, a gold mining company based in Kazakhstan.
Chambers 2021, Russia –Corporate/M&A and TMT
Legal 500, 2021, Russia – Corporate/M&A, Real Estate and TMT
"Nikolay is very dedicated to his work and puts in all his energy in order to solve any emerging issues."
Chambers, Russia – Corporate/M&A, 2021
"Helicopter-view persistence throughout the project."
"Energy, competence, desire to fight for the client to the end, ability to work in various industries."
Legal 500, Russia – Corporate/M&A, 2021
"Nikolay Feoktistov is one outstanding partner. His professionalism, proactiveness and extremely fast replies exceed all expectations."
Legal 500, Russia – TMT, 2021
Best Lawyers – Corporate Law