Ola is an associate in the Firm's Capital Markets practice in Dubai.
His capital markets experience includes advising sovereign, quasi-sovereign and corporate issuers, as well as banks on a variety of cross-border transactions, including debt capital markets, structured debt, Islamic finance Sukuk transactions and corporate trustee representation. Ola's transaction experience covers various jurisdictions, including the GCC, Africa, Europe and Asia.
Ola has extensive regulatory experience advising international clients on their payment services, licensing, compliance and other regulatory obligations in the DIFC, ADGM and on-shore within the UAE. His regulatory expertise also extends to cryptocurrencies and payment tokens, crypto-exchanges, corporate governance, and financial services regulation.
Representative capital markets transactions include advising:
- Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco) on listing its US$6 billion triple tranche sukuk offering on the London Stock Exchange.
- The State of Qatar on its US$12 billion Rule 144A/Reg S bond issuance on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
- Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco) on listing its US$12 billion GMTN Programme on the London Stock Exchange.
- JP Morgan and Morgan Stanley as bookrunners on the US$330 million issuance of bonds on the International Stock Exchange.
- The Federal Republic of Nigeria on listing its US$2.8 billion GMTN Programme on the London Stock Exchange.
- Arabian Centres Company on is US$650 million sukuk issuance and subsequent US$225 million sukuk tap issuance on the London Stock Exchange.
- Svenska Handelsbanken AB on its issuance of US$500 million AT1 Contingent Convertible Notes under its US$ 50billion EMTN Programme.
- The Republic of Uzbekistan on listing its inaugural US$1 billion Eurobond on the London Stock Exchange.
- Jefferies Bank on its US$2 billion EMTN Programme on the Irish Stock Exchange.
- Kazagro National Management Holding on its tender offer and consent solicitation in respect of the US$1 billion notes issued under its GMTN programme.
Representative regulatory experience includes advising:
- An International US founded retail and technology company on the applicable UAE regulatory, payment services and consumer protection framework relevant to its e-commerce and payments business.
- An international technology company on the establishment of its payments and cryptocurrency trading platform in the UAE and its preparation of a regulatory business plan for submission to the UAE Central Bank.
- An international multi-asset brokerage company on the regulatory framework relevant for operating payment systems, cryptocurrency brokerages, peer-to-peer lending, commodities and stock trading platforms in the UAE.
- Intermediaries in the cryptocurrency economy including brokers and exchanges on their payment services and cryptocurrency licensing, incorporation and compliance requirements in the UAE, DIFC and ADGM.
- An international asset management firm on the establishment of an investment fund in the ADGM.
- An international investment bank on the financial services regulatory framework in the UAE.
- Several international organisations and banks on private placement rules across the GCC.