Oliver is an associate in our EMEA Private Equity team within our global Mergers & Acquisitions practice based in London.
Oliver advises private equity and financial sponsor clients on a range of transactions across various sectors, including acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, consortium and co-investment arrangements, public takeovers, and management equity arrangements.
Oliver was seconded to Goldman Sachs Asset Management for 12 months in 2020-2021, and for 15 months in 2022-2023.
Oliver's experience includes advising:
Goldman Sachs Asset Management:
- As lead investor in a consortium involving General Atlantic, KIRKBI and other investors on the USD 1.72 billion takeover and delisting of Kahoot!, a Norwegian-listed global learning and audience engagement platform.
- On its USD 2 billion acquisition of a controlling stake in Norgine, a leading European specialty pharmaceuticals company, from the founding Stein family, the equity syndication and reinvestment in Norgine by the Stein family, and establishing Norgine's management incentive plan.
- On its acquisition of a controlling stake Advania, a leading Nordic IT and SaaS provider, alongside management and other re-investing shareholders; establishing Advania's management incentive plan; and advising on Advania on various bolt-on acquisitions including Visolit and Content+Cloud.
- As a member of the consortium (alongside Advent International, Centerbridge Partners and CPPIB) on the consortium's EUR 2 billion takeover of Aareal Bank, a leading international specialist property financing bank headquartered in Germany.
- As lead investor in a USD 335 million series D fundraising by Exotec, a France-based creator of robotic systems for e-commerce.
- On the sale and re-investment of its shareholding in Moonbug, a creator and distributor of media content for children, to Candle Media LLC, a Blackstone-backed investment platform.
- On its investment into and exit from Elinvar, a leading digital platform for asset and wealth managers.
- On its investment into weFox, a Berlin-based insurtech platform firm specialising in digital insurance in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Macquarie Asset Management:
- On its EUR 2.5 billion acquisition of Reden Solar, a French-based developer, financier, builder and operator of solar power plants across Europe and Latin America, and Macquarie's consortium and management equity arrangements with British Columbia Investment Management Corporation, Munich RE and certain other funds and co-investors.
- On its c. GBP 5.75 billion acquisition of a 60% interest in National Grid Gas in the UK, and Macquarie's consortium and equity arrangements with British Columbia Investment Management Corporation and certain other funds and co-investors.
- On its EUR 7.5 billion acquisition of a 40% interest in Open Fiber, Italy's largest fibre network, from Enel; advising on the equity arrangements with CDP Equity, an Italian sovereign wealth fund, and certain other funds and co-investors.
- On its equity and consortium arrangements with CDP Equity and Blackstone, in connection with the consortium's EUR 9.3 billion acquisition of Autostrade per l'Italia, an Italian toll road operator.
- On the cross-border merging of its Turkish portfolio company Customer Management Centre (CMC) with the M+ Group, a Croatian business process outsourcing service provider.
- On its acquisition of intive S.A., a software development and digital transformation partner based in Poland, Germany and Argentina, establishing intive's management incentive plan, and subsequent cross-border merger and bolt-on acquisitions in the UK and Ireland.
- On ASK's acquisition of the industrial resins business of SI Group, Inc. in Brazil, India and South Africa, and its licensing technology and global tolling agreements.