Oliver Wilson is an associate in our global M&A and Corporate practice based in London. He is a member of the EMEA Private Equity team.
Oliver focuses on advising private equity funds and financial sponsors on a range of private equity transactions and equity investments, and has advised on a range of cross-border M&A transactions, minority and control equity investments and exits, consortium investments, management incentive plans, and IPO across a variety of sectors.
Oliver spent twelve months on secondment at the Asset Management Division of Goldman Sachs in 2020/21.
Bars and Courts
Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
University of Otago
University of Otago
Representative transactions includes representation of:
- Goldman Sachs on its proposed acquisition of a controlling stake in Norgine BV, a leading European specialty pharmaceuticals company, from the founding Stein family, the proposed equity reinvestment in Norgine by the Stein family, and proposed management incentive plan for Norgine's management.
- Goldman Sachs on the sale of its shareholding in Moonbug, a creator and distributor of media content for children, to Candle Media LLC, a Blackstone-backed investment platform, and Goldman Sachs' reinvestment into Candle Media LLC.
- Goldman Sachs as a member of the consortium (alongside Advent International, Centerbridge Partners and CPPIB) in connection with the consortium's takeover offer to acquire 100% of the shares in Aareal Bank AG, a leading international specialist property financing bank headquartered and listed in Germany, for approximately EUR 2 billion.
- Goldman Sachs as lead investor in a USD 335 million series D fundraising by Exotec, a France-based creator of robotic systems for e-commerce.
- Goldman Sachs on its acquisition of a controlling stake Advania, a leading Nordic IT provider, alongside management and other re-investing shareholders; advising GS on the equity arrangements, and establishing Advania's management incentive plan; advising on Advania's bolt-on acquisitions of Visolit and Content+Cloud.
- Goldman Sachs on its investments in Elinvar and weFox.
- Macquarie Asset Management on its EUR 2.5 billion acquisition of Reden Solar, a French-based developer, financier, builder and operator of solar power plants across Europe and Latin America, and Macquarie's consortium and management equity arrangements with British Columbia Investment Management Corporation, Munich RE and certain other funds and co-investors.
- Macquarie Asset Management on its c. GBP 5.75 billion acquisition of a 60% interest in National Grid Gas Holdings, and Macquarie's consortium and equity arrangements with British Columbia Investment Management Corporation and certain other funds and co-investors.
- Macquarie Asset Management on its EUR 7.5 billion acquisition of a 40% interest in Open Fiber, Italy's largest fibre network, from Enel; advising on the equity arrangements with CDP Equity, an Italian sovereign wealth fund, and certain other funds and co-investors.
- Macquarie Asset Management on its equity and consortium arrangements with CDP Equity and Blackstone, in connection with the consortium's EUR 9.3 billion acquisition of Autostrade per l'Italia, an Italian toll road operator.
- Rhône Capital and ASK Chemicals on ASK's acquisition of the industrial resins business of SI Group, Inc. in Brazil, India and South Africa, licensing technology and global tolling agreements.
- Mid Europa Partners on its acquisition of intive S.A., a software development and digital transformation partner based in Poland, Germany and Argentina, implementation of intive's management incentive plan, and subsequent cross-border merger and bolt-ons in the UK and Ireland.
- Mid Europa Partners on the cross-border merging of its Turkish portfolio company CMC İletişim ve Çağrı Merkezi Hizmetleri A.Ş. with Meritus Upravljanje d.o.o., a Croatian business process outsourcing service provider.
- Blue Water Energy on the acquisition of the Servern Glocon Group, a global manufacturer and supplier of valves and equipment for the oil & gas industry.