Omar Sinaceur is an associate in White & Case's Project Development and Finance department in Paris.
Omar advises sponsors, lenders and government entities on the different phases (bidding, development and financing) of large-scale projects in the renewable energy, infrastructure and commodities sectors.
Prior to joining White & Case, Omar worked as trainee and associate for several magic circle firms and in financial services.
Recent experiences before joining White & Case include advising:
- the Sponsors (EDF Renewables and Mitsui & Co) on the financing and development of the 150 MW Taza windfarm (Morocco);
- the lenders on the financing of the wind power plant (300 MW) located in Boujdour, Morocco;
- the lenders on the structuring of PV projects of Kairouan, Gafsa and Tataouine in Tunisia;
- the Sponsors (EDF Renouvelables, Masdar and Green of Africa) on the development and financing of the hybrid solar program (850 MW) Noor Midelt I in Morocco;
- Managem SA on the financing of the Tri-K gold mine located in the Mandiana province in Guinea-Conakry;
- TAQA Morocco on the bond issuance of MAD 2.7 billion (approx. €270 million) with qualified investors;
- the lenders (African Development Bank, Bank of Africa, Banque Centrale Populaire, Société Générale Marocaine de Banques) on the financing of the Tekcim cement plant in El Jadida, Morocco; and
- the lenders (IFC) on the financing of a solar plant (25 MW) in Zina, Burkina Faso.