Co-head Oscar Liljeson is a partner in White & Case's Debt Finance department. Oscar's primary focus lies in leveraged finance, but his experience covers a wide range of other financial transactions as well, including IPO financings, restructurings, refinancings, private equity fund financings and investment grade lending.
Oscar has participated in numerous top tier cross border acquisition finance transactions, public to private financings and IPO financings, representing Nordic and international private equity clients. His recent experience at White & Case includes finance transactions for EQT, Nordic Capital, Altor Equity Partners, FSN Capital, Summa Equity, Adelis, Valedo Partners and Accent Equity Partners. Oscar joined the Firm in 2006.
Representation of Pagero Group AB (publ), a listed software as a service (SaaS) company, on its recommended competing cash offer to acquire Tungsten Corporation plc, a listed global electronic invoicing and purchase order transactions network provider.
Representation of Trill Impact, a Sweden-based impact private equity investment adviser, on the establishment of an ESG-linked capital call facility. The financing was provided by Trill Impact's strategic partner Nordea, which also provides Trill Impact with services related to responsible investment and investor relations.
Representation of Oatly, Sweden's leading dairy free lifestyle brand, on:
- its US$10 billion IPO and Nasdaq New York listing on the Nasdaq Global Select Market
- its and shareholders Verlinvest and China Resources on the US$200 million equity investment in Oatly
- its SEK 1.925 billion sustainability-linked financing provided by a club consisting of several banks and other credit providers
Representation of Karo Pharma AB, a portfolio company of the private equity firm EQT, that specializes in the sale and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and over-the-counter products, on:
- its €300 million acquisition of Sylphar, a Belgium-based over-the-counter products manufacturer
- its SEK 3.4 billion (US$360 million) acquisition of Trimb Holding from Avista Capital Partners and other shareholders
- the financing of the 90 MEUR acquisition of the intimate care and dermatology product portfolio from LEO Pharma
- the financing of the EUR 58 million acquisition of the remaining European rights to the Pevaryl® brand portfolio from Cilag GmbH International, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
Representation of Piab, a smart solutions provider, on the acquisition of Tawi, a leading provider of complete light lifting solutions, comprising vacuum and electric lifts as well as crane systems and aftermarket services.
Representation of a consortium consisting of Altor, a private equity firm focused on investing in and developing medium sized companies, Strawberry Equities (Petter Stordalen), a group of companies investing mainly in real estate, finance, hotel operations and art, and TDR, a private equity firm, on the acquisition of the Spanish hotel operator Airtours Resort Ownership España S.L. (AROE) as an add-on to Nordic Leisure Travel Group (Vinggruppen; f.k.a. Thomas Cook Northern Europe).
Representation of Altor Equity Partners, a private equity investment firm, on the financing of the acquisition of:
- Trioplast, a leader in innovative and cost-efficient packaging solutions
- BTI Studios Holding AB, a leading localisation player, providing dubbing, subtitling and access service sin over 50 languages
- Ålö group,a world-leading supplier of agricultural machinery
- Navico, a specialist marine electronics company
- Transcom WorldWide AB (publ), a Swedish outsourcing company listed on Nasdaq Stockholm
Representation of Summa Equity, a Nordic private equity firm, on:
- its acquisition of life science company Axion BioSystems
- its acquisition of myneva, a European social care software provider
- its acquisition finance of Olink Proteomics Holding AB, a Swedish life science company
Representation of IKEAS's investment company NALKA on:
- the financing of the acquisition and subsequent divestment of the Synsam group, a leading optical retailer in Sweden
- the financing of the acquisition of Office Management and OneMed, a retailer of health care products
Representation of EQT, a leading global investment firm, on:
- its acquisition of shares in Beijer Ref AB, representing 29.6 percent of the shares and 26.4 percent of the votes, from Carrier Global Corporation (Carrier), making EQT the largest shareholder of Beijer Ref
- the public cash offer to the shareholders of Karo Pharma, a company that specialises in the sale and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and over-the-counter products
- working capital facilities to Epidemic Sound, a company offering music subscriptions for content creators
Representation of ÅF, a Swedish engineering, consulting and design company within the fields of energy, industry, infrastructure and information technology, on the recommended cash Tender Offer for all shares in Pöyry, an international consulting and engineering company. ÅF and Pöyry have signed an agreement to combine the two companies to form a leading European engineering and consulting company.
Representation of European Entertainment Intressenter BidCo AB (EE Intressenter), a privately held investment company, on the public cash offer to the shareholders in Cherry AB, one of Scandinavia's oldest gaming companies, to acquire all Cherry shares at a price of SEK 87 per share.
Representation of FSN Capital, a leading private equity investment firm, on:
- an unsecured refinancing related to the listing of Bygghemma Group First AB, a leading online retailer in home improvement listed on Nasdaq Stockholm
- the financing of the acquisition of Kjell & Co, a Swedish store chain that sells mainly electronic peripherals
- the financing of the acquisition of Holmbergs, a supplier of safety solutions worldwide
- the financing of the acquisition of Mørenot group, a world-leading supplier of equipment and services to the world's fishery- and aquaculture industries
- the financing of the acquisition of IT-companies Office IT-Partner, Zetup and Dicom
Representation of Nordic Capital, a leading private equity investor, on:
- the financing of the acquisition of SafeRoad, a leading road safety solutions provider in Europe
- the financing of the acquisition of CPS Color, a manufacturer of liquid colorants
- the financing of the acquisition of Aditro, a payroll solutions provider
- the financing of the acquisition of Menigo, a full service wholesaler for restaurancts, cateres and convenience stores in Sweden
- the financing of the acquisition of AniCura, one of Europe's leading providers of high quality veterinary care
- the financing of the acquisition of Vizrt, a creator of content production, management and distribution tools
- the financing of the acquisition of Greenfood, a leading supplier in the healthy foods market
- the refinancing of the Ellos Group, a Swedish home shopping and e-commerce company
- the IPO financing for Tokmanni, a Finnish retailer
- the IPO financing for Handicare, a provider of technical aids for the elder and disabled
- the IPO financing for SafeRoad, a leading road safety solutions provider in Europe
Representation of Accent Equity Partners, a Nordic investment firm, on:
- its subsequent bond issue to finance the acquisition of Elements Group from its founders. The acquisition of Elements Group further strengthens the position of AE4 2017 Sweden AB, and its subsidiaries comprising the Scandinavian Cosmetics Group, in the Scandinavian cosmetics market. Elements Group is a brand manager and cosmetics distributor representing 14 brands.
- the acquisition of a majority stake in Global Attractions SPI, a leading European designer, manufacturer, and supplier of equipment for indoor playgrounds and other leisure-related activities from founders and management, and the related acquisition financing
- the acquisition financing of Scandinavian Cosmetics, a leading company in the sale, marketing and distribution of beauty brands in the Swedish market
- the acquisition financing of Lunawood, a pioneer on the thermal modification of wood
- the acquisition financing of Belid Lightning, a manufacturer of lighting solutions
- the acquisition financing of Götessons, a developer and manufacturer of products for offices, conferences and hotels
- the acquisition financing of S.t Eriks, a leading provider of prefabricated concrete and natural stone products
- the acquisition financing of Inteno Broadband, a supplier of residential gateway software and hardware solutions
- the acquisition financing of Nordic Traction Group, a developer and manufacturer of tractions products for professional use
- the acquisition financing of Bogfelts, a park and road lighting company
- the acquisition financing of Mont Blanc, provider of car load-carrying equipment for recreational and sporting purposes
- the acquisition financing of S-Blommor, a retailer of flowers, bouquets and floral accessories
- the establishment of working capital facilities for Cervera, Sweden's leading chainstore for high quality kitchen products and home furnishings
- the refinancing of the Aviator Group, a provider of helicopter services
- the refinancing of Blomsterboda, a provider of flowers and plants to some 550 stores across Sweden
- the establishment of acquisition facilities for OralCare, dental clinics, and Tempcon Group, specialist in temperature controlled logistics
Representation of Adelis Equity Partners Fund II AB, a fund in the family of Adelis-branded private equity funds focused on middle market investments in the Nordic region, on:
- the financing of the acquisition of Didriksons, a leading Scandinavian brand in the functional and sustainable waterproof fashion from Herkules Capital, a Norwegian private equity firm
- the financing of the acquisition of the majority of shares in Säkra AB, a company offering insurance brokerage and financial advisory
- their portfolio company Ropo Capital's acquisition of Colligent Inkasso, a Swedish debt collection company
Representation of Valedo, a Swedish investment company, on the financing of the acquisition of the restaurant chain Pinchos.
Leading Banking Lawyer 2021 "Who's Who Legal"
Banking & Finance, Chambers Europe/Global 2019-2022
Banking & Finance, Leading Individual, The Legal 500 2021-2022