Phil Houten is an associate in the Firm's Capital Markets Group in London. He represents investment banks, private equity sponsors and companies in connection with international securities offerings, with a particular focus on high yield bond offerings and other Rule 144A and Regulation S debt offerings.
Phil also has experience working on bridge acquisition facilities, initial public offerings, private placements, restructurings, liability management exercises and corporate governance matters.
- Represented Energean plc on its Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $450 million senior secured notes. J.P. Morgan and ING Bank acted as the Joint Global Coordinators on this offering.
- Advised BNP Paribas and Crédit Suisse Bank (Europe), S.A., as joint global coordinators on the debut Rule 144A/Regulation S offering by F.I.S. – Fabbrica Italiana Sintetici S.p.A. of €350 million sustainability-linked senior secured notes.
- Represented Darktrace plc on its £1.7 billion initial public offering on the London Stock Exchange. *
- Represented Tremor International Ltd. on its $129 million initial public offering of ADRs on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange. *
- Advised the ad hoc group of bondholders on the negotiation of the lock up agreement reached as part of the financial restructuring of Naviera Armas S.A. *
- Advised J.P. Morgan, as sole global coordinator, on the debut Rule 144A/Regulation S €320 million senior secured notes offering, subsequent €50 million tap offering and €200 million senior subordinated notes offering of House of HR NV. *
- Advised Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch, Goldman Sachs International and Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc, as joint global coordinators, and Goldman Sachs International, as dealer manager, in (i) the €850 million senior secured notes offering and (ii) the €92.5 million exchange of existing New York law governed notes to new English law governed term loans of Synlab Bondco PLC. *
- Advised Merrill Lynch International, Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Limited and Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch, as joint global coordinators, in the Rule 144A/Regulation S €325 million senior secured notes offering of INEOS Finance plc. *
- Represented Verisure Holding AB on its €200 million senior secured notes offering, as the first high yield European offering following the Covid-19 pandemic. *
- Represented Schoeller Packaging B.V. on its €250 million Senior Secured Notes offering. *
*Matters while working at another firm