Reem is an associate in our Global M&A and Corporate practice based in Dubai. Before joining White & Case, Reem worked at a leading international law firm in Abu Dhabi.
Reem has worked on a range of domestic and cross-border M&A, capital markets and funds matters, particularly advising leading sovereign wealth funds and governmental entities.
Representative matters include advising:
- Sovereign wealth funds in connection with acquisitions of limited partnership interests in multi-billion-dollar private equity and infrastructure funds*
- Sovereign wealth funds in a number of co-investments into US-based companies*
- OMV in connection with its purchase of a 15% stake in ADNOC Refining*
- Qatar Holding LLC in the sale of 80 million units of Banco Santander (Brasil) S.A.*
- Dhabi Group in the merger of Warid and Mobilink*
- Abu Dhabi Department of Finance on a program for the issuance of short-term securities by the Emirate of Abu Dhabi*
- The Republic of Iraq in the offering of $1 billion senior notes, Iraq’s first ever standalone “new money” international debt offering*
- The Republic of Iraq in its $1 billion notes offering backed by a guarantee issued by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)*
- Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates in connection with the establishment of a post-trade clearing and settlement system for United Arab Emirates sovereign debt securities, through the use of Euroclear’s international link (i-link) platform*
- Abu Dhabi Municipality and Parsons on a project for the retrofit of street lighting in Abu Dhabi—the first PPP project in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi*
- Public Institution for Social Security of Kuwait in managing its exposure to the Abraaj Group*
*Matters worked on at a previous firm.