Reilly M. Gaertner is an associate in the Global M&A Practice Group and a member of the Real Estate Industry Group, based in the Chicago office. She focuses on acquisitions, sales, financings and retail leasing.
Recent transactions include the representation of:
- A consortium composed of Brookfield Infrastructure, its institutional partners and GIC, Singapore's sovereign wealth fund, on the US$8.4 billion acquisition of Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (NYSE:GWR), a freight railroad owner and operator based in the United States. This transaction was named "Private Equity Deal of the Year" by IFLR (2020).
- Macquarie Infrastructure Partners in the acquisition of Netrality Data Centers, an owner and operator of strategic interconnected data centers, from funds managed by Abrams Capital Management.
- Entrepreneurial Equity Partners in a series of acquisitions, including:
- The acquisition of Daniele International, LLC, a branded leader and private label producer of specialty Italian charcuterie and deli meats, including prosciutto, salami and snack packs.
- The acquisition of Grecian Delight Foods, Inc., a leading manufacturer and marketer of Greek and Mediterranean inspired cuisine.
- The acquisition of Kronos Foods, Inc., a leader and producer of manufacturing and selling global cuisine, including Mediterranean and Middle Eastern foods, ready-to-eat proteins, plant-based proteins and bakery products.
- Wind Point Partners in a series of transactions, including:
- The acquisition by Evans Food Group of Turkey Creek Pork Skins, a maker of pork grind products.
- The sale of Evans Food Group, a leading global producer of branded and private label pork rinds, to Highlander Partners.
- HNA Group North America LLC and its affiliates in connection with the second phase of the preferred equity investment by SL Green Realty Corp. in 245 Park Avenue in New York City. As of the closing, the SL Green investment totaled US$148.2 million. In connection with the transaction, we represented HNA with respect to negotiation of a new property management agreement pursuant to which SL Green served as the building's property manager, overseeing all leasing and operations.
- Affiliate of Heitman in the acquisition of a recently-developed Class A multi-family property in Charlotte, North Carolina. The developer and seller was Crescent Communities, an affiliate of Goldman Sachs.
Representative matters prior to joining White & Case include the representation of:
- A developer in connection with the acquisition of land and construction financing for a multi-family property totaling over US$38 million in Chicago, Illinois.
- A seller in connection with the US$189 million sale of office buildings in Denver, Colorado.
- A large private equity investment fund in connection with the acquisition and financing of an industrial property in Columbus, Ohio.
- A seller in connection with the US$68.5 million sale of multi-family properties in Michigan.