Ruveena is an Associate in the firm's Project Development and Finance Group and advises clients on the acquisition, development, construction, financing and sale of major projects, with a particular focus in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
Ruveena joined the firm in 2019 and is based in the Melbourne office, having also worked in the Abu Dhabi office.
Power and renewables
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners on the development, equity sale process and USD$3 billion financing of the 589MW Changfang and Xidao (CFXD) offshore wind project in Taiwan.
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners on the development and project financing of the 96MW Jeonnam offshore wind project in Sinan County in Jeonnam Province, South Korea.
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of the Capricornia Energy Hub (formerly known as the Bowen Renewable Energy Hub), including a 750MW pumped hydro project and wind farm.
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition and development of various early-stage renewable energy projects (including wind farms, solar farms, BESS projects and pumped hydro projects) throughout Australia and Asia.
- Offshore Energy in relation to the development of the 2000MW Star of the South offshore wind farm in Victoria, Australia, the first offshore wind farm project in Australia.
- Octopus Investments on its joint venture with the Australian Government's Clean Energy Finance Corporation for the development of the Gippsland Renewable Energy Park in Victoria, Australia.
- Oceanex on its collaboration with Norwegian energy company Equinor to explore offshore wind opportunities in New South Wales (including the Novocastrian Offshore Wind Farm, Illawarra Offshore Wind Farm and Eden Offshore Wind Farm).
- Export credit agencies and a syndicate of international commercial banks on the EUR€2.7 billion project financing of wpd AG's 640MW Yunlin offshore wind project in Taiwan.
- AMP Power Australia on the acquisition, development and financing of the 120MW Hillston Solar Farm Project in New South Wales, Australia.
- Hana Financial Investments on the acquisition and development of the 162MW Columboola Solar Farm in Queensland, Australia.
- FRV on the delivery and financing of the 67.8MW Goonumbla Solar Farm in New South Wales, Australia.
- First Sentier Investors on its AUD$646 million acquisition of John Laing's Australian 517MW wind farm portfolio, consisting of the Cherry Tree and Kiata wind farms in Victoria, Hornsdale wind farm in South Australia and Granville Harbour wind farm in Tasmania.
- Saudi Aramco on the tendering and development of the Tanajib cogeneration and desalination project in Saudi Arabia.
- EWEC in connection with the 2,400MW Fujairah F3 greenfield power generation plant in the United Arab Emirates.
- EWEC in relation to the 200MIGD Taweelah Reverse Osmosis Independent Water Project in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- Saudi Power Procurement Company in connection with the 2GW Sudair solar project in Saudi Arabia.
- Neoen and John Laing on the AUD$650 million portfolio refinancing of all three stages of the Hornsdale Wind Farm in South Australia.
- INPEX Operations Australia Pty Ltd on disputes in relation to the USD$37 billion Ichthys Project in South Australia, Australia.
Infrastructure and chemical processing plants
- Perdaman on the development of the AUD$4.5 billon Burrup Urea Plant in Western Australia.
- Macquarie Capital and Phil-Tower Consortium Inc. in the auction sale for the acquisition and leaseback of telecommunication infrastructure assets in Visayas and Mindanao, Philippines.
- The lenders to Australian Tower Network on the funding of its acquisition of Axicom for AUD$3.05 billion.
- Brookfield Infrastructure on the AUD$1.2 billion sale of the Port of Geelong, the leading bulk port in Victoria, Australia.
- IFC, Proparco, and Emerging Africa Infrastructure Fund in relation to financing made available to The West Indian Ocean Cable Company (which is jointly owned by 14 major African telecommunications companies).
- Australian Naval Infrastructure in relation to the access arrangements in respect of the Osborne Naval Shipbuilding Precinct in South Australia.
- The Victorian Government in relation to the AUD$50 billion Suburban Rail Loop Project in Victoria, Australia.
- The Victorian Government in relation to the AUD$11 billion Metro Tunnel Project in Victoria, Australia.