With over two decades of representing investors, owners and other stakeholders in the real estate industry, Steven Vainder has a successful track record in complex real estate deals. He advises clients on acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, financings, development, leasing, management and operations.
Matters to which he has brought experience and insight include the development, financing and sale of shopping malls, large planned-unit developments, mixed-use projects, hotel and hospitality assets and office and industrial parks.
Lenders and private equity funds also benefit from Steven's experience in restructuring, repositioning, disposition and acquisition of distressed real estate loans and assets.
Steven's knowledge is further complemented by his certification as a LEED® Accredited Professional by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC).
- CC Homes, one of the largest builder-developers in Florida, in its acquisition, financing, development and sale of several residential communities throughout Florida, including Monterra in Cooper City, Canarias in Doral, Maple Ridge in Ave Maria, Marbella in Miramar, Fronterra in Naples, Chateaux in Parkland, Arbor Reserve in Davie, and others.
- CalAtlantic (now Lennar Homes), one of the nation's largest homebuilders, in the acquisition, development and sale of residential communities throughout Florida, including Andalusia in Lake Worth, Palm Meadows in Boynton Beach, Prado in Jupiter, Raintree in Pembroke Pines, Riverbend in Palm City, The Oaks in Boca Raton, Watercrest in Parkland, and others.
- The developer of the Ocean Club in the acquisition, financing and development of a condominium project on Key Biscayne.
- Mattamy Homes, North America’s largest privately owned homebuilder, in an acquisition of land in Palm Beach, Florida.
- CC Residential in its acquisition, financing, development and sale of apartment communities throughout Florida, including Doral 4200 in Doral, Addison Place in Naples, Signature at Kendall in Kendall, Signature at Davie in Davie, and others.
- A joint venture between CC Residential and a New York-based private equity group for the acquisition, financing, development and sale of 850 Boca in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Treo Partners in its acquisition, financing and development of student housing projects, including Brookstone Apartments in Valdosta, Georgia and 1111 on High, Chartre Oaks & Charter Ridge, Chapel Terrace, and Tallahassee Plaza, for Florida State University (FSU) in Tallahassee, Florida.
- A private client in a joint venture to develop student housing for Florida International University (FIU) in Sweetwater, FL.
- An institutional investor in the acquisition of an 18-story Class A office building in West Palm Beach's upscale shopping, dining and entertainment center, City Place.
- A US real estate investment firm in the acquisition of a 34-story office tower in downtown Miami.
- Grover Corlew in its acquisition, financing, development and sale of several projects in Florida, including the Orlando Central in Orlando, Interstate Plaza in Boca Raton, Arbors in Delray Beach, and two bank-anchored projects in Pompano Beach.
- A private real estate development company in the acquisition and sale of a ground lease for industrial use located adjacent to an executive airport in Florida.
- Codina Partners in the acquisition and financing of 70+ acres in Miami-Dade County, Florida to be developed into an industrial park referred to as Beacon Logistics Park.
- A family office in its sale of a 102-acre site located in Deltona, FL to be developed as a logistics facility/distribution hub.
- The US real estate investment subsidiary of a large Dutch bank in connection with its US$2 billion North American loan and real estate owned (REO) portfolio, including the sale of a note on Hotel Victor, a luxury hotel in Miami's South Beach, the sale of a 33-story, mixed-use development in Orlando, and the sale of Tarpon Point in Cape Coral, Florida, a development including a hotel, condominiums, a marina and undeveloped land.
- A US private equity fund in the acquisition of three separate portfolios of more than 150 distressed mortgage loans and REO properties, one of which involved purchase money financing.
- A US private equity fund on its acquisition of a loan secured by a luxury resort and residences in Anguilla, British West Indies.
- Comcast Corporation in its acquisition of real property located in Central Florida and other real estate projects.
- A Canadian asset management company in its proposed acquisition of a freight rail operation in Florida.
- A US private equity group in connection with a land lease in Galveston, Texas for the development of a petro chemical plant.
Mixed Use/Large Scale Development
- Codina Partners in the acquisition, financing, development and sale of parcels within the 250-acre mixed-use project known as Downtown Doral, which consists of approximately 5,000 luxury residential units, 400,000 square feet of office space, and 1 million plus square feet of retail space.
- CC Residential and Codina Partners in the acquisition, financing, development and sale of a mixed-use property consisting of 213 luxury apartments, 49,000 square feet of Class A office space and 7,000 square feet of retail space located in Coral Gables, Florida.
- Gulf Bay in connection with various aspects of the financing, development and sale of Fiddler's Creek, an approximately 3,000 acre master-planned luxury residential community in Naples, Florida.
- The third-largest newspaper company in the US in respect of the relocation of The Miami Herald to the former US Southern Command headquarters in Doral, Florida.
- A data analysis company in the negotiation of leases in San Francisco, Santa Cruz and New York.
- A leading global investment firm in connection with the negotiation of office leases in Miami, Atlanta, Boston and San Francisco.
- A US subsidiary of a large Spanish concessionaire in the renovation and operation of service plazas on Florida's Turnpike.
- Treo Partners in connection with the acquisition and financing of a ground lease with Miami-Dade County for a project at the Metrorail Station in South Miami.
Co-author, "Effective Strategies for Helping Clients Procure and Exit Distressed Commercial Loans," Inside the Minds: Commercial Real Estate Finance Strategies, Aspatore/Thomson Reuters, June 2013
The Best Lawyers in America: Real Estate Law (Since 2008)
Euromoney Real Estate Expert Guide (2019)
Leading Lawyer: Real Estate - USA, Chambers USA (2014–2016)
Real Estate, Employment & Labor and Tax, The Legal 500 USA (2007-2016)
2012 Real Estate Transaction "Dealmaker of the Year" by The Daily Business Review (2013)
Recipient of Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of Miami Dade County Award (2011