Tyler Garvey is an associate in the Energy, Infrastructure, Project and Asset Finance group at White & Case in New York.
He represents buyers, sellers, borrowers, lenders and sponsors in connection with domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, debt financings and equity investments. His practice covers a broad range of industries and allows him to assist clients on structuring, as well as expansion-related ideas and issues.
Prior to joining White & Case, Tyler practiced project finance at another international firm. He received his law degree from the University of California, Berkeley School of Law, where he was a Berkeley Law Dean's Fellow, Folger Levin & Khan Fellow, Berkeley Board Fellow and William K. Coblentz Civil Rights Fellow. He received his undergraduate degree magna cum laude from John Jay College of Criminal Justice, where he was a Thurgood Marshall Scholar, Ron Brown Scholar, Steamboat Scholar, Scholarship and Service Award Recipient and the Graduation Commencement Speaker.
Domestic Plant Project Financing
Representation of the lead arrangers on the project financing of a world-scale hydrogen and nitrogen based ammonia plant in Texas City, Texas, with capital costs in excess of $800 million.
Domestic Data Center Acquisition
Representation of the purchaser in connection with its confidential acquisition of multiple data centers across the United States.
Global Ports Project Acquisition and Financing
Representation of the sponsors in connection with their acquisition financing bid of three domestic and international ports in the United States and Canada.
Domestic Power Project Acquisition and Financing
Representation of the sponsor in connection with its acquisition financing bid of a gas-fired combined cycle generation power plant facility.
Domestic Solar Project Financing
* Representation of the arrangers, administrative agent and collateral agent in connection with a $97.4 million senior secured construction loan, convertible into a senior term loan, a $89.9 million senior secured tax equity bridge loan and a $44.8 million senior secured letter of credit facility.
International Solar Project Financing
* Representation of the lead arranger, underwriter and syndication agent in connection with a $115 million construction loan facility and a $21 million VAT loan facility to the owner of a portfolio of solar projects in Chile.
International Power and Gas Project Acquisition and Investment
* Representation of a Dutch asset manager on (i) its acquisition from an infrastructure fund of 10% plus one share of the equity and like percentage of shareholder loans of an electric and gas utility holding company and (ii) its 20% investment in a $4 billion French public company, specializing in the water and waste cycle management business.
Domestic Railway Project Financing
* Representation of the underwriter in the issuance of $600 million tax-exempt private activity bonds for the benefit of the first phase of the All Aboard Florida Brightline passenger rail project, which will link downtown Miami with Orlando International Airport, with stops in West Palm Beach and Ft. Lauderdale.
Domestic Railway Private Placement Offering
* Representation of the investors of a private place offering in connection with the issuance of $500 million of senior secured and unsecured notes of a passenger railroad service.
Domestic Solar Tax Equity Investments
* Representation of a private investment firm in connection with (i) a $14 million tax equity investment for solar projects to be installed on roofs of buildings owned by a city port, (ii) the acquisition, development and construction of a $105 million portfolio of solar projects, (iii) a $44 million tax equity investment in a 16.5 MW solar electrical generating facility and (iv) an acquisition and financing of twelve projects from four tax equity partnerships worth over $94 million.
* Matters Prior to Joining White & Case
2019 National Black Lawyers Top 40 under 40 (New York)