Vasi is an associate in our Corporate and M&A practice. She has extensive experience advising international and local corporates, financial institutions, private equity firms and family offices on a variety of transactions, with a focus on cross-border and local M&A, joint ventures and restructurings. Vasi works across a range of sectors, including retail, energy, transportation, financial services and e-commerce. Vasi was seconded to Masdar, a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi government owned Mubadala, from October 2020 to April 2021.
Vasi has practiced in international law firms for more than nine years and in that time has worked on mandates across the globe.
Prior to joining White & Case in 2017, Vasi worked for a magic circle law firm in London and Dubai.
Representative transactions include advising:
- Mubadala on its disposal, by way of competitive auction, of one of the world's-first digital corporate trade banks, AGTB, to Gulf Islamic Investments.
- HWH on the sale of a majority stake in Dubai-based HWH Hospitality Investments' travel food & beverage operations to Lagardère Travel Retail.
- TFI TAB Gıda Yatırımları A.Ş. and its founder shareholders, Kurdoğlu family and their affiliates, in the transfer of additional 14.78% shares of TFI to Goldman Sachs, EBRD and Credit Suisse.
- The UTICO group, the UAE's leading private water and power utility company on a sale of a substantial minority interest in the group to a subsidiary of the Oman Investment Fund.
- United Al Saqer Group LLC, a prominent investment family office in the UAE, in the joint venture with two Algerian partners in Luxury Motor Works, a business operating the only BMW car dealership in Algeria.
- SRG Holding, one of the leading family-owned holding companies in the UAE, with extensive operations in property development and management, hospitality, real estate investments, and wholesale trading, in connection with their internal group reorganization.
- A15, a leading tech investment fund, on its sale of a 76 percent stake in its United Arab Emirates-based fintech company TPAY Mobile FZ-LLC (TPAY) to Africa's leading private investment firm Helios Investment Partners.
- Etisalat on its acquisition of Help AG, a leading provider of cybersecurity services in the UAE.
- The heirs of Abdul Latif Ibrahim Galadari in connection with their buyout of the remaining shareholders (the Investment Corporation of Dubai and the heirs of Abdul Rahim Ibrahim Galadari) in the Galadari Brothers group.
- International Holding Company, an ADX listed company, on its business merger with PAL Cooling.
Corporate M&A, Legal 500, UAE, 2020, 2021 and 2022
'Ali Shaikley (partner) and Vasi Papadopoulos (associate) both are very hard working, always available and approachable as well as commercially minded.'
Corporate M&A, Legal 500, UAE, 2020