William Fong is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Practice, based in Hong Kong.
William has over 10 years of experience advising private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies as well as public and private companies on domestic and cross-border acquisitions and divestitures.
His experience* includes representing:
- Creative Artists Agency, LLC (CAA), a leading global entertainment and sports agency, in its acquisition of the business of CAA-GBG, one of the world's leading brand management agencies.
- CAA China LLC, a joint venture subsidiary of CAA, in the acquisition of Momentum Sports, a marketing, brand consulting and athlete representation company in the PRC.
- The Special Committee formed by the Board of Directors of Cellular Biomedicine Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: CBMG), a US-headquartered biopharmaceutical company engaged in the drug development of immunotherapies for cancer and stem cell therapies for degenerative diseases with operations in Greater China, on its going private sale to a consortium led by the CEO of CBMG, together with certain members of CBMG management, CBMG stockholders and financial sponsors.
- CMC Capital Partners in multiple private equity transactions, acquisitions and divestitures involving a number of media and entertainment targets, including the sale of its equity interests in CAA US, in connection with TPG's sale of its controlling equity interests in CAA US to Artemis for US$7 billion; and multiple other investments in China, including in Bilibili, El.eme, WeRide, etc.
- EQT Partners and its portfolio company GPA Global, a leader in premium packaging, sustainable packaging and display solutions based in China, on GPA Global’s bolt-on acquisition of Hub Folding Box, a printing and packaging company in the US.
- Goldman Sachs (Asia) LLC in multiple investments including in Cyclone Robotics, Shenzhen Tengyin Information Consulting, Puyi Biotechnology, Pulse Medical Imaging Technology, InferVision, 4Paradigm, LvYue and Klook.
- Icon Group, a portfolio company of Goldman Sachs Principal Investment Area, in its acquisition of Hong Kong-based oncology clinic SunTech Medical Group.
*Includes experience prior to working in White & Case
Recognized as a 'Rising Star' in Private Equity (including Venture Capital) by IFLR Rising Stars Asia-Pacific Awards 2022
Recognized as a 'Rising Star' by China Business Law Journal 2022
Recognized as a 'Next Generation Partner' in Private Equity by Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2022-2023
Recognized as a 'Up and Coming' in Private Equity by Chambers Greater China 2023