Yixin (Yish) Gong
Yixin (Yish) Gong is an associate in the Silicon Valley office. She is a member of the Technology Transactions Practice and represents clients in technology and intellectual property matters.
Yish has extensive experience advising clients on IP and technology-related matters, particularly in connection with strategic collaborations, co-development arrangements, and patent and technology licensing agreements. She has represented clients in a wide variety of industries, including technology, fintech, entertainment, branded consumer goods, food and agribusiness, software, education and research & development.
Yish offers legal and commercial advice on commercial agreements, negotiating and drafting distribution agreements, joint-venture arrangements, IP licensing transactions, co-operation, research & development agreements, international trade agreements, and sponsorship and service agreements. She also has experience advising on the technology and IP aspects of M&A transactions and other commercial transactions. In 2017, she was awarded the Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 award in the Commercial category (awarded to the best young lawyers across Australia).
Yixin’s recent experience includes representation of:
- Facebook in connection with various intellectual property, product, content, and technology transactions.
- WhatsApp in connection with the WhatsApp commercial/product integration piece of Facebook’s $5.7 billion investment into Jio Platforms Ltd.
- Square on the founding and launch of the Crypto Open Patent Alliance.
- A global financial institution in the establishment of its consumer digital banking platform in the U.S.
- Slack in connection with its $425 million infrastructure and hosted cloud services transaction with Amazon Web Services.