Zahra is an associate in the Energy, Infrastructure, Project and Asset Finance Group in the London office. Zahra is a finance lawyer with significant experience in financing transactions in the aviation, oil & gas, maritime and infrastructure sectors.
- Representation of multiple European ECAs in connection with several restructurings of aircraft financings as a result of payment deferral requests received from certain airlines affected by the challenges presented by COVID-19.
- Representation of European ECAs in connection with an ECA-supported capital markets refinancing of ten aircraft in multiple jurisdictions.
- Representation of European ECA in connection with an ECA-supported financing of new Boeing aircraft to a South African airline.
- Representation of European ECA in connection with a US$300 million ECA-supported bond refinancing of four Airbus A330 Aircraft for a Malaysian airline.
- Representation of lenders (including both banks and ECAs) in connection with various loan prepayments, refinancings, aircraft subleasings and novations in multiple jurisdictions including Morocco, the United Arab Emirates and India.
- Representation of European ECAs in connection with ECA-supported financings of ATR aircraft for an Asian airline leased to various airlines based in Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Representation of multiple European airlines and international operating lessors on various novations, financings and leasing arrangements.
- Representation of helicopter lessor in connection with the asset sale and restructuring of its (100+) helicopter portfolio across multiple jurisdictions in connection with its Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Oil, Gas and other
- Representation of financiers on a landmark, award winning US$3 billion first in class hybrid corporate financing to Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG), a joint venture owned by Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Shell, Total and Eni to develop the NLNG Train 7 Project.
- Representation of United Arab Shipping Company in connection their financing arrangements relating to the merger with Hapag-Lloyd. "Transaction of the Year (over £3 billion)" and "Industries Deal of the Year (over £1 billion)" M&A Advisor, 2017.
- Representation of a consortium composed of Brookfield Infrastructure and its institutional partners and GIC on the US$8.4 billion acquisition of Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (G&W). G&W owns or leases 120 freight railroads organized in eight locally managed operating regions.
- Representation of an infrastructure focused private equity fund in the acquisition of a large private freight train operator in Europe.
- Representation of borrower in connection with the restructuring of Islamic and conventional financing facilities in relation to a shipping marina.