Adriana is an associate in the Firm's Tax Practice Group. Adriana's practice focuses on cross-border and domestic taxation, including advising clients on tax aspects of global and domestic mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, as well as investments in, and operation of, investment funds and joint ventures.
Adriana also advises clients on US tax issues relating to partnerships, FIRPTA, and sovereign and sovereign-related investors.
Recent representations include the representation of:
- Soaring Eagle Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: SRNG), a SPAC, in its US$15 billion business combination with Ginkgo Bioworks, Inc., a synthetic biology company, which uses technology to program cells for a potentially wide variety of uses, including fragrances and sweeteners, as well as mRNA vaccines and animal-free proteins.
- Flying Eagle Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: FEAC), a SPAC, in its US$4.3 billion business combination with Skillz Inc., a mobile-gaming company based in California.
- SES Holdings Pte. Ltd., a developer and manufacturer of high-performance hybrid lithium-metal rechargeable batteries for electric vehicles, in its US$3.6 billion business combination with Ivanhoe Capital Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: IVAN), a SPAC focused on electrification of society and industry.
- CVC Capital Partners in a consortium of investors in the US$3.5 billion investment for a 22.55% stake in Authentic Brands Group LLC, a brand management company and owner of a portfolio of brand name companies.
- Ascendant Digital Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: ACND), a SPAC, in its US$3 billion business combination with Beacon Street Group, LLC, a leading multi-brand digital subscription service platform that provides premium financial research, software, education and tools for self-directed investors.
- FG New America Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: FGNA), a SPAC, in its US$800 million business combination with Opportunity Financial, LLC, a leading financial technology platform that helps middle income, credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through affordable personal loans.
- Mill Rock Packaging Partners LLC and its affiliates in its acquisition of All Packaging Company, a cartons manufacturing company.
- Advent International on the sale of its controlling interest in AI Dream, a leading premium sleep solution provider that operates global brands Serta and King Koil in China.
- Biosight Ltd., a privately held pharmaceutical development company developing innovative therapeutics for hematological malignancies and disorders, in its reverse merger transaction with Advaxis, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADXS), pursuant to which the shareholders of Biosight will become the majority holders of the combined company immediately following completion of the transaction.
- Sole Source Capital LLC, an industrial-focused private equity firm, and its portfolio company:
- Supply Chain Services, a premier provider of automatic identification and data capture (AIDC) and factory automation solutions to customers across North America, on its acquisition of ISG Technologies, a value-added reseller of AIDC hardware and provider of repairs, maintenance and managed mobility services.
- Peak Technologies, a value-added reseller of barcoding and data collection solutions across North America, on its acquisition of Bar Code Direct, Inc., a value-added reseller of AIDC solutions for the manufacturing, retail, consumer, and healthcare end-markets.
- Peak-Ryzex, a value-added reseller of barcoding and data collection solutions across North America, in its acquisition of Inovity, Inc., a value-added reseller of AIDC labels, media and hardware for healthcare, manufacturing and industrial end-markets.
- NovaQuest Capital Management LLC in its acquisition of Spectra Medical Devices, Inc., a leading manufacturer of procedural needles and distributor of generic injectable drug products.
- I Squared Capital Advisors (US) LLC in its acquisition of Star Leasing, a leading trailer lessor in the US.
- Azelis Americas, LLC, a specialty chemicals and food ingredients distributor in North America, in its acquisition of Vigon International, Inc., a leading US specialty distributor and manufacturer of ingredients for the flavors, fragrances and cosmetics market segments.