Andrea Lamonica is an associate in the Milan office and practices in the area of financial regulatory. Andrea regularly advises clients in relation to banking, financial and insurance regulation issues with particular reference to extraordinary transactions involving supervised entities such as banks, investment firms, asset managers and insurance undertakings.
Andrea provides assistance in connection with EU bank and insurance capital and liquidity requirements, EU resolution and recovery planning, bank, asset managers and insurance undertakings governance and management, insurance distribution, liquidity requirements and AIFMD.
Andrea also worked on several banking matters, advising both lenders and borrowers on lending transactions.
Prior to joining White & Case in 2022, Andrea practiced in the regulatory departments of major Italian law firms.
- Credito Fondiario Group, a major Italian NPL/UTP operator, in connection with its reorganization and the establishing of three regulated entities;*
- Apollo funds entities in connection with the sale of Amissima Assicurazioni S.p.A. to HDI Insurance Group and consequent group reorganization;*
- Apollo Global Management, Inc. in connection with the Italian side of regulatory issues deriving from the merger with Athene Holding Ltd;*
- A major US asset manager in connection with a short-selling related sanctioning proceeding vis-à-vis Consob;*
- A major pension fund scheme in connection with an internal organization related sanctioning proceeding vis-à-vis Covip;*
- Dell Bank International DAC in connection with the authorization process vis-à-vis the Bank of Italy for its offering in Italy of financial services;*
- Nexi S.p.A. in connection with its IPO on the Italian Stock Exchange;* and
- A major Italian bank in connection with a derivatives related sanctioning proceeding vis-à-vis the Bank of Italy.*
*Andrea worked on these matters prior to joining White & Case.