David is counsel in the Firm's Energy, Infrastructure, Projects and Asset Finance group. His focus is on international asset finance and leasing transactions. David's experience includes secured debt financings, refinancings and restructurings of existing asset and project finance debt, export credit agency-supported financings, operating and finance leases, JOLCOs and French tax leases and other tax-based lease structure.
David's recent transactional experience includes:
- Representation of a German bank in connection with the refinancing for an operating lessor of a portfolio of 3 Airbus aircraft on lease to an Indian airline and owned by an Irish special purpose limited recourse borrower;
- Representation of KfW IPEX-Bank GmbH in connection with the refinancing for an operating lessor of a portfolio of 7 Airbus aircraft on lease to various airlines in multiple jurisdictions;
- Representation of the lenders and Euler Hermes in connection with the ECA-supported refinancing of two Airbus A330 aircraft for RwandAir;
- Acting for international financial institutions and Export credit agencies in respect of numerous debt-financing and ECA-supported financing transactions (syndicated and bilateral) relating to aircraft on both finance and operating leases, including tax leases; and
- Acting for Carlyle Aviation in respect of numerous operating lease transactions, repossessions and aircraft sales and purchases.
Shipping / maritime:
- Acting for United Arab Shipping Company in connection with its US$14 billion business combination with Hapag-Lloyd, in particular in relation to the large-scale due diligence of all shipping financing arrangements for the purposes of the business combination listing documentation; and subsequently acting for Hapag-Lloyd in connection with certain post-business combination shipping finance prospectus listings and capital increases;
- Acting for Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited (ICBC), as lender, in connection with the sale and lease back transaction with Petrobras of a semi-submersible gas and oil production platform flagged in the Marshall Islands; and
- Acting for the borrower in connection with the financing of a luxury yacht marina in Spain pursuant to an Islamic murabaha arrangement and conventional financing, and acting for the same borrower in connection with the refinancing / restructuring thereof.
- Acting for the lenders and export credit agencies in connection with the US$200,000,000 financing of a French manufactured satellite for a Malaysian satellite operator; and
- Acting for the lenders in connection with the disposal and leaseback of Satellite transponders in connection with an existing ECA-supported satellite financing.