Dongho Lee is Partner and Head of White & Case's Korea Corporate / M&A / PE practice group.
Dongho advises Korean and global clients, including many of the largest Korean conglomerates, technology companies and international and domestic private equity firms, on cross-border M&A transactions, strategic alliances, joint ventures and ESG matters.
- Brite Energy Partners, a Korean solar energy development and investment company, on its equity financing and further financing commitment in an aggregate amount of more than US$200 million from BlackRock Real Assets.
- The Carlyle Group in connection with its US$200 million strategic investment and partnership between Carlyle Asia Partners V and KB Financial Group, Korea's largest bank.
- Green Cross in connection with various acquisitions and investments including its acquisition of Biocentrique, Inc., a contract development & manufacturing organization (CDMO) business in New Jersey.
- KDB Investment-Hana Securities, Korea Investment Private Equity and KB Asset Management on the US$150 million acquisition of newly issued convertible preferred shares of US-based HyAxiom, Inc., a leading developer and manufacturer of hydrogen-based and other fuel cells and electrolyzer solutions.
- Korea Investment & Securities Co., Ltd., a leading securities firm in Korea, on the formation of a substantial leveraged lending joint venture (SF Credit Partners, LLC) and strategic collaboration with Stifel Financial Corp., an international full-service investment bank in the US.
- LG Energy Solution on its acquisition of NEC ES, a US-based energy storage system technology company; and, together with LG Chem, on its investment in NYSE-listed Li-Cycle Holdings Corp. (Li-Cycle), an industry leader in lithium-ion battery resource recovery and the leading lithium-ion battery recycler in North America.
- Lotte Corporation in connection with the establishment of Lotte Biologics and its US$160 million acquisition of biologics assets in Syracuse, New York from Bristol Myers Squibb.
- The founders of Medit Corporation, a leading manufacturer of dental scanners, on the sale of their portion of the 99.5% stake in Medit Corporation to MBK Partners for approximately US$1.9 billion (majority stake sold by Unison Capital).
- Samsung Electronics in connection with multiple acquisitions, dispositions and IP matters.
- Zinus, a Korea Exchange-listed global manufacturer and distributor of mattresses and furniture, and its controlling shareholder on their US$732 million sale of a 35.8 percent stake to Hyundai Department Store (HDS), a major department store chain in South Korea.
- A Middle East-based sovereign wealth fund on its US$150 million acquisition of newly issued convertible preferred shares of SK On Co., Ltd., a leading Korean battery maker.
Ranked as a leader in M&A and Governance in South Korea by Who's Who Legal: South Korea 2023
ALB's Korea Super 30 Lawyer 2022, 2023
Leading Individual for Corporate/M&A: Foreign Firms – South Korea, Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2020-2023
Leading Lawyer for Corporate/M&A: International Firms – South Korea, Chambers Asia-Pacific 2020-2023