Emma Jell is a Real Estate Associate in the Firm's London office. She has experience in a broad spectrum of commercial real estate work, including acquisitions and disposals, property financing, property development, the property aspects of corporate transactions, drafting and negotiating commercial leases on behalf of landlords and tenants and property management work. Emma acts for real estate companies, lenders, investors, developers and occupiers in relation to a wide range of asset classes, including office, industrial, data centre, retail, hotel and airport sectors.
Emma has also undertaken a secondment at the global fund and asset manager, Schroders, supporting their real estate department, as well as a 6 month secondment in Dubai.
Representative experience includes advising:
- HB Reavis, in connection with its landmark development of a new 220,000 sq. ft. office premises, 33 Central, in the City of London and the forward sale of the development to Wells Fargo for c. £300 million.*
- a developer in connection with the £700 million development financing of a new luxury hotel and private residential development in central London and its internal lease structuring.*
- a major airline in connection with the relocation of its terminal operations at London Gatwick. The work included negotiating a terminal move agreement requiring numerous leases, surrenders and other real property arrangements.*
- a middle-eastern fund in connection with its £97 million acquisition of a fully let mixed use office/retail property in Midtown, London.*
- a consortium of investors on the real estate aspects of a £540 million refinance of their portfolio of 12 private hospitals across the UK.*
- a hotel owner and operating group in connection with the £150 million refinancing of two central London hotels.*
- a hotel owner and operating group in connection with the £180 million 12 year refinancing of a 550 room central London hotel.*
*Experience prior to joining White & Case