Fern Han is a partner in White & Case's Debt Finance practice, and is resident in the Houston office. Fern's practice focuses on the energy and infrastructure sectors and spans across project finance, acquisition finance, reserve-based lending, direct lending, export credit finance and other structured finance transactions. She represents banks, private equity funds, development finance institutions, export credit agencies and public and private companies in the US and in the international markets.
Bars and Courts
Texas State Bar
New York State Bar
England and Wales
London School of Economics
Commercial bank representation
- Representation of a syndicate of commercial and institutional lenders, led by Société Générale, in the up to US$1.25 billion financing of the development of the deepwater Shenandoah field in the US Gulf of Mexico and related offshore infrastructure being developed by Beacon Offshore Energy, Navitas Petroleum and Houston Energy Quantum.
- Representation of a syndicate of commercial lenders, led by Société Générale, London Branch on a reserve-based lending transaction for the US$646 million acquisition of upstream oil and gas assets located in the Western Desert in Egypt from Shell Egypt N.V. and Shell Austria GmbH. The borrowers under the financing are Cheiron Oil & Gas Ltd., a subsidiary of the Egypt-based Cheiron Petroleum Corporation, and Capricorn Egypt Ltd., a subsidiary of Scotland-based Cairn Energy PLC.
- Representation of Occidental Petroleum Corp. on its US$825 million sale of onshore oil and gas assets in Colombia to The Carlyle Group, a private equity management firm.
- Representation of the mandated lead arrangers in a multi-million dollar development financing in the Gulf of Mexico, US.
- Representation of the mandated lead arrangers in a multi-million dollar development financing in the Gulf of Mexico, Mexico.
- Representation of the mandated lead arrangers on a multi-million dollar financing for acquisition of development and production assets by Trident Energy from Petrobras in Brazil.
- Representation of the mandated lead arrangers on a multi-million dollar financing for acquisition of production assets by Cheiron Petroleum in onshore Mexico.
- Representation of first lien lenders in the Ch. 11 reorganization of the US$500mn reserve based credit facility to Rosehill Resources, US.
- Representation of the first lien lenders to Petroceltic International in the US$300mn restructuring of its reserve based facilities secured by assets in Greece, Romania and Egypt.
- Representation of the mandated lead arrangers in the US$1.85bn financing for the development and construction by Canada Kuwait Petrochemical Ltd. Partnership of an integrated petrochemicals facility and associated infrastructure and utilities in Alberta, Canada.
Direct lender representation
- Representation of a private equity credit fund in a US$75mn delayed draw term loan facility, the proceeds of which were used to construct and operate propane pipeline facilities in Texas, US.
- Representation of direct lenders to a midstream infrastructure company in its transaction consisting of a US$50mn revolving and term loan facility secured by infrastructure assets located in Texas, US.
- Representation of Vale S.A. and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. on the development and US$2.73bn project financing of the landmark Nacala Corridor Railway and Port Project, an integrated rail and port infrastructure project supporting growth along a regional corridor shared by two countries, Mozambique and Malawi.
- Representation of Saudi Aramco as Sponsor on the US$12.5bn project financing of the integrated Sadara chemical complex in Jubail Industrial City, Saudi Arabia.
- Representation of Saudi Aramco on its landmark US$10bn revolving credit facilities.
- Representation of Qatar Petroleum and Shell as Sponsors in connection with a US$1bn project financing of a petrochemical plant in the State of Qatar.