George is a senior Associate in the Firm's Capital Markets group in London. He has extensive experience advising corporates, underwriting banks, private equity funds and shareholders on a wide range of equity capital markets and other strategic transactions, including IPOs, rights issues, open offers, demergers and placings on the London Stock Exchange and elsewhere throughout EMEA.
George also regularly advises on Listing Rules, corporate governance and Market Abuse Regulation matters and has been closely involved in regulatory reforms to the UK listing regime.
Prior to joining the Firm, George worked for a Magic Circle law firm in London, Hong Kong and Dubai and spent time on secondment to the ECM and M&A legal team of Morgan Stanley in London.
Recent transactions include advising:
- on IPOs and London Stock Exchange listings by Wise (formerly TransferWise), Oxford Nanopore, Funding Circle, Airtel Africa, CMC Markets, CYBG (Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank), TSB Bank, Al Noor Hospitals and proposed transactions by Modulaire, Misys, Sazka Group and British Car Auctions*
- on secondary capital fundraises by Metro Bank, Kier Group, Auto Trader, Saga, Helios Towers, Centrica and proposed transactions by intu and Lloyds Banking Group*
- Arrival, the UK electric vehicle manufacturer, on a $118m private investment by BlackRock and its subsequent SPAC listing on Nasdaq*
- Friends Life on its £5.6bn takeover by Aviva*
- Unilever on the successful defence of a $143bn takeover offer by Kraft Heinz*
- the sponsors on Class 1 Listing Rule transactions by Barclays Bank PLC, Hikma Pharmaceuticals and Petropavlovsk*
- the private wealth arm of a major U.S. investment bank and a "Big Four" accounting firm on the restructuring of their European operations following Brexit*
*Matters prior to joining White & Case