Hayden S. Baker
“He is level headed, very responsive and just a great guy to work with.”
Hayden Baker is a partner in the Firm's Global Mergers & Acquisitions practice group, based in the firm's New York office.
Hayden assists clients in mergers and acquisitions, energy and infrastructure projects, and financing transactions. He has won recognition from Chambers USA, The Legal 500, Best Lawyers, and New York Super Lawyers. Hayden has extensive experience across a wide range of the power, renewable energy, and energy transition sectors.
Hayden is particularly well-regarded for his sophisticated, practical approach to transactions, having represented companies, private equity investors and financial institutions in hundreds of transactions, totaling well over $100 billion in investments. Clients praise his blend of strengths, saying: "He's very responsive, practical and strategic in his approach as well as quick to grasp the commercial dynamics and navigate a constructive path forward."
- Represented I Squared Capital on the completion of a growth capital investment in RPower LLC, a distributed energy resource platform.
- Represented the purchaser in its acquisition of a 224 MW portfolio of distributed microgrid systems located throughout ERCOT.*
- Represented the purchaser in its acquisition and financing of a 984 MW portfolio of two natural gas peaking plants in PJM.*
- Represented the purchaser in its acquisition of 270 MW development stage solar project located in ERCOT.*
- Represented an infrastructure fund in its sale of a premier U.S. landfill gas-to energy platform with eight projects located across the Southeast.*
- Represented the purchaser in its acquisition and financing of a 773 MW operating portfolio of natural gas peaking plants in MISO.*
- Represented a renewable energy platform in its acquisition and financing of a 250 MW solar project in ERCOT.*
- Represented the purchaser of a leading provider of commercial-scale water reclamation and reuse solutions.*
- Represented a renewable energy development business in connection with its acquisition by a private equity buyer.*
- Represented a leading energy storage company in its acquisition of several development stage battery storage facilities, including related shared facilities arrangements.*
- Represented a renewable energy developer in the development and equity financing of a 100 MW portfolio of utility-scale solar projects.*
- Advised a global offshore wind joint venture in connection with the acquisition of its U.S. development pipeline and related assets.*
- Represented an infrastructure fund in its creation of a platform to acquire and develop behind the meter utility grade backup power systems.*
- Represented a Southeastern utility in its acquisition of several utility-scale solar projects.*
- Advised a hydropower business in connection with its purchase and upgrade of four hydroelectric power plants located in North Carolina.*
- Represented an infrastructure fund and its portfolio company in the acquisition of a portfolio of landfill gas-to-energy projects and related project matters.*
- Represented a renewable energy developer in a mezzanine debt facility to help finance a solar energy portfolio.*
- Represented a global renewable energy company in its acquisition of a portfolio of development stage solar facilities, as well as the subsequent project financing and tax equity investment.*
- Advised a private equity investor in connection with the development of a greenfield combined cycle natural gas-fired generation facility.*
- Represented an investor in its acquisition of a district energy chilling system and related infrastructure.*
- Advised a private equity fund in connection with the aggregation of various energy and water infrastructure projects.*
* Representative matters prior to joining White & Case.
Moderator, "American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE) Finance Forum: Offshore Wind Financing," New York, NY, June 8, 2022
Moderator, "Financing Renewables in the 2020s: Wind & Solar," New Orleans, LA, January 26, 2022
Moderator, "Private Funds Forum: Intersection of ESG and Sustainable Infrastructure," New York, NY, September 26, 2019
Presenter, "Offshore Wind: Opportunities & Challenges for the Region as Offshore Gains Traction," Philadelphia, PA, July 2019
Presenter, "Structuring Private Equity Funds for Investment in Renewable Energy Projects," New York, NY, November 8, 2018
Presenter, "Solar Power Finance & Investment Summit: Solar Market Outlook & Business Development Landscape," San Diego, CA, March 20, 2018
Presenter, "Essential Power Sources: Legal Counsel & Managing Energy Deals," Houston, TX, October 4, 2016
Best Lawyers in America: Environmental Law (2019-2023)
Chambers USA: Environment: Mainly Transactional, New York (2012-2022)
The Legal 500: Project Finance (2016-2017, 2019-2022)
The Legal 500: Energy: Renewable/Alternative Power (2019-2022)
The Legal 500: Environment: Transactional (2020-2022)
New York Super Lawyers (2013-2018, 2022)
New York Super Lawyers: “Rising Star” (2011-2012)