Heidi Blomqvist

Associate, London

Biography

Overview

Heidi Blomqvist is an associate in our global M&A and Corporate practice based in London and a member of the EMEA Private Equity team.

Heidi advises both corporate and private equity clients. Heidi has experience on a broad range of transactions including acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and general corporate advisory. Heidi has a particular focus on the infrastructure sector.

Heidi has also spent time working in our Helsinki office. 

Bars and Courts
Finnish Bar Association
Education
LLM
University of Helsinki
Faculty of Law
Languages
Finnish
Swedish
English

Experience

Representation of CityFibre, the UK's largest independent full fibre platform, and its existing shareholders on its capital raise, which included new equity investments from Abu Dhabi's Mubadala Investment Company and Interogo Holdings.

Representation of a consortium of long-term European institutional investors consisting of APG, PGGM, Alecta, Keva and AXA Infrastructure Equity on the acquisition of 50 percent. of the shares in Stockholm Exergi from Fortum. Stockholm Exergi is the largest district heating and cooling provider in the Nordics and is co-owned by the City of Stockholm

Representation of JPMorgan's Infrastructure Investments Fund (IIF) on its acquisition of Adven, a leading supplier of clean energy solutions across the Nordics and Baltics, from AMP Capital and Infracapital

Representation of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company, a multinational pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical company, on its up to approximately US$670 million sale of a portfolio of select non-core over-the-counter and prescription pharmaceutical products sold in Europe, and two manufacturing sites located in Denmark and Poland, to Orifarm Group, a Danish pharmaceutical company 

Representation of GSO Capital Partners and its affiliates on a three-tier financing package to support Advent International's approximately £4 billion offer to acquire leading global technology and services innovator Cobham plc

Representation of Columbia Threadneedle Investments and Brittany Ferries on the acquisition of Condor Ferries, the only operator of freight and passenger ferry services to and from the Channel Islands and the UK/France, from Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA)

Representation of Zynga Inc., a social game developer, on its agreement to acquire 80 percent of social game developer Small Giant Games for US$560 million. Zynga will purchase the remaining 20 percent of Small Giant over the next three years at valuations based on specified profitability goals 

Representation of The Blackstone Group L.P. in its recommended public tender offer for all shares in Sponda Plc, a Finland-based property investment company specializing in commercial properties in the largest cities in Finland

Representing Supercell Oy and the management/founding team on Tencent Inc.'s acquisition of 84.3 percent of Supercell equity securities for a consideration of approximately US$8.6 billion

Awards and Recognition

"A top firm. Really strong, they stand out from their competitor firms."
M&A: Upper mid-market and premium deals UK Legal 500 2020