Henrik Wireklint advises on general corporate, mergers & acquisitions and employment law. His experience includes advising private equity firms and industrial clients on domestic and cross-border M&A.
He is an experienced advisor on mergers & acquisitions with a focus on cross-border transactions. He has extensive experience representing multinational corporations on domestic and international M&A (including acting as deal counsel on transactions not governed by Swedish law), as well as advising private equity firms on stand-alone investments and bolt-on acquisitions. He has a demonstrated and valued ability to provide executive employment law advice in addition to general corporate advice. He has been involved in significant transactions across a broad array of business sectors, including FinTech, renewable energy, manufacturing, retail, healthcare and a number of hi-tech industries.
- Representation of Tink AB, a Swedish fintech company and one of Europe's leading open banking software-as-a-service providers, on:
- its sale to Visa for €1.7 billion.
- its acquisition of FinTecSystems, a leading German open banking platform.
- its acquisition of Business Finance Technology Group Limited's (Openwrks) UK based open banking platform and business, including related customer contracts and IT infrastructure.
- its acquisition of Instantor AB.
- Representation of Planhat AB, a Swedish customer success SaaS provider, on its US$ 50 million series A financing round at a pre-money valuation of US$ 500 million.
- Representation of IFS, a cloud enterprise software provider, and its shareholders including EQT, on a significant investment by Hg, a private equity investor focused on software and services businesses.
- Representation of growth equity investor Verdane on the acquisition of a majority stake in InnoNature, a nutritional supplements, superfoods and natural cosmetics company.
- Representation of consortium led by APG, on the acquisition of 50 percent of the shares in Stockholm Exergi from Fortum for SEK 29.5 billion.
- Representation of Ratos, a Swedish private equity firm, and Bonnier, the holding company for a corporate group made up of the Nordic region's leading media companies, on their divestment of Bisnode, a company offering support in the form of digital business, marketing and credit information, to Bisnode's partner Dun & Bradstreet for an approximate enterprise value of SEK 7.2 billion.
- Representation of institutional investors advised by the Global Infrastructure group at J.P. Morgan Asset Management on its acquisition of Adven, a leading provider of clean energy solutions across the Nordics and Baltics, from the investment firms AMP Capital and Infracapital.
- Representation of the Catella Group, a Sweden-based specialist in property investments and fund management, on its sale of 70 percent of the shares in Catella Fondförvaltning AB, a fund manager offering a wide range of investment funds to private and institutional investors, with a focus on the Nordic region, to Athanase Industrial Partner.
- Representation of Ancala Partners, a leading UK-based independent infrastructure investment firm, on its acquisition of Hector Rail, the largest private freight train operator in Scandinavia which also has operations in Germany.
- Representation of a consortium consisting of Altor, a private equity firm focused on investing in and developing medium sized companies, Strawberry Equities (Petter Stordalen), a group of companies investing mainly in real estate, finance, hotel operations and art, and TDR, a private equity firm, on the acquisition of the business of Thomas Cook Northern Europe (Vinggruppen; to be re-branded to Nordic Leisure Travel Group).
- Representation of Intrum AB, the Swedish debt purchase and collection company, on:
- the €7.2 billion and €2.7 billion securitisations of non-performing loans (NPL) involving Sunrise I and II of Piraeus Bank, the largest bank in Greece.
- the €4.9 billion (Project Vega portfolio) and €1.92 billion (Project Phoenix portfolio) securitisations of non-performing loans (NPL) of Piraeus Bank.
- the €28 billion securitisation of non-performing loans (NPL) and the US$366 million acquisition and hive-down of the Recovery Banking Unit (RBU) of Piraeus Bank. The RBU was hived-down into a separate legal entity, which will be fully consolidated by Intrum and manages the securitised NPL portfolio.
- Representation of LSE Space GmbH, a subsidiary of the Swedish Space Corporation, on its acquisition of Jade Aerospace GmbH, a provider of key engineering and consultancy services to European space organizations.
- Representation of Nestlé group, the world's largest food and beverage company, on its divestment of Kaffeknappen, a coffee solutions business in Sweden and Norway, to the Convini group, a company offering food solutions for workplaces.
- Representation of ABB, a leading power and automation technology group, on its investment in Northvolt AB, a Swedish company that is building Europe's largest and most advanced lithium-ion battery factory.
- Representation of Cloetta AB (publ), the leading Swedish confectionery company, on the divestment of its Italian business to Katjes International.
- Representation of Bambora, a leading FinTech payment solutions provider, on its acquisition of a portfolio of payment terminals from Onslip AB.
- Representation of Ingenico Group, the global leader in seamless payments, on the €1.5 billion acquisition of Bambora, a leading FinTech payment solutions provider, from private equity firm Nordic Capital. The transaction was the largest private M&A deal in Sweden in 2017, according to Mergermarket.
- Representation of Swedish Space Corporation, the global provider of advanced space services, on:
- its bid for a space industry consultancy business.
- the divestment of its wholly owned subsidiary ECAPS AB, a manufacturer of green propulsion systems for satellites, to the AIAC group
- its divestment of its Airborne Systems business.
- its divestment of its Space Systems Division to OHB AG.
- Representation of Nordic Capital, a leading private equity firm in the Nordic region, on:
- its acquisition of the Lindorff Group, a leading European credit management services provider.
- its acquisition of a majority of the shares of Gina Tricot AB, a leading Swedish fashion chain.
- Representation of Nordic Capital V Ltd., a fund managed by leading private equity firm Nordic Capital, on its divestment of the Point International Group, a producer and designer of electronic payment solutions to VeriFone, Inc.
Legal 500 2020-2021 – Commercial, Corporate and M&A, Sweden