Henrik Wireklint advises on general corporate, mergers & acquisitions and employment law. His experience includes advising private equity firms and industrial clients on domestic and cross-border M&A.
He is an experienced advisor on mergers & acquisitions with a focus on cross-border transactions. He has extensive experience representing multinational corporations on domestic and international M&A (including acting as deal counsel on transactions not governed by Swedish law), as well as advising private equity firms on stand-alone investments and bolt-on acquisitions. He has a demonstrated and valued ability to provide executive employment law advice in addition to general corporate advice. He has been involved in significant transactions across a broad array of business sectors, including FinTech, renewable energy, manufacturing, retail, healthcare and a number of hi-tech industries.
Representation of Tink AB, a Swedish fintech company and one of Europe's leading open banking software-as-a-service providers, on:
- its sale to Visa for €1.7 billion.
- its acquisition of FinTecSystems, a leading German open banking platform.
- its acquisition of Business Finance Technology Group Limited's (Openwrks) UK based open banking platform and business, including related customer contracts and IT infrastructure.
- its acquisition of Instantor AB.
Representation of Planhat AB, a Swedish customer success SaaS provider, on its US$ 50 million series A financing round at a pre-money valuation of US$ 500 million.
Representation of IFS, a cloud enterprise software provider, and its shareholders including EQT, on a significant investment by Hg, a private equity investor focused on software and services businesses.
Representation of growth equity investor Verdane on the acquisition of a majority stake in InnoNature, a nutritional supplements, superfoods and natural cosmetics company.
Representation of consortium led by APG, on the acquisition of 50 percent of the shares in Stockholm Exergi from Fortum for SEK 29.5 billion.
Representation of Ratos, a Swedish private equity firm, and Bonnier, the holding company for a corporate group made up of the Nordic region's leading media companies, on their divestment of Bisnode, a company offering support in the form of digital business, marketing and credit information, to Bisnode's partner Dun & Bradstreet for an approximate enterprise value of SEK 7.2 billion.
Representation of JPMorgan's Infrastructure Investments Fund (IIF) on its acquisition of Adven, a leading provider of clean energy solutions across the Nordics and Baltics, from the investment firms AMP Capital and Infracapital.
Representation of the Catella Group, a Sweden-based specialist in property investments and fund management, on its sale of 70 percent of the shares in Catella Fondförvaltning AB, a fund manager offering a wide range of investment funds to private and institutional investors, with a focus on the Nordic region, to Athanase Industrial Partner.
Representation of Ancala Partners, a leading UK-based independent infrastructure investment firm, on its acquisition of Hector Rail, the largest private freight train operator in Scandinavia which also has operations in Germany.
Representation of a consortium consisting of Altor, a private equity firm focused on investing in and developing medium sized companies, Strawberry Equities (Petter Stordalen), a group of companies investing mainly in real estate, finance, hotel operations and art, and TDR, a private equity firm, on the acquisition of the business of Thomas Cook Northern Europe (Vinggruppen; to be re-branded to Nordic Leisure Travel Group).
Representation of Intrum AB, the Swedish debt purchase and collection company, on:
- the €7.2 billion and €2.7 billion securitisations of non-performing loans (NPL) involving Sunrise I and II of Piraeus Bank, the largest bank in Greece.
- the €4.9 billion (Project Vega portfolio) and €1.92 billion (Project Phoenix portfolio) securitisations of non-performing loans (NPL) of Piraeus Bank.
- the €28 billion securitisation of non-performing loans (NPL) and the US$366 million acquisition and hive-down of the Recovery Banking Unit (RBU) of Piraeus Bank. The RBU was hived-down into a separate legal entity, which will be fully consolidated by Intrum and manages the securitised NPL portfolio.
Representation of LSE Space GmbH, a subsidiary of the Swedish Space Corporation, on its acquisition of Jade Aerospace GmbH, a provider of key engineering and consultancy services to European space organizations.
Representation of Nestlé group, the world's largest food and beverage company, on its divestment of Kaffeknappen, a coffee solutions business in Sweden and Norway, to the Convini group, a company offering food solutions for workplaces.
Representation of ABB, a leading power and automation technology group, on its investment in Northvolt AB, a Swedish company that is building Europe's largest and most advanced lithium-ion battery factory.
Representation of Cloetta AB (publ), the leading Swedish confectionery company, on the divestment of its Italian business to Katjes International.
Representation of Bambora, a leading FinTech payment solutions provider, on its acquisition of a portfolio of payment terminals from Onslip AB.
Representation of Ingenico Group, the global leader in seamless payments, on the €1.5 billion acquisition of Bambora, a leading FinTech payment solutions provider, from private equity firm Nordic Capital. The transaction was the largest private M&A deal in Sweden in 2017, according to Mergermarket.
Representation of Swedish Space Corporation, the global provider of advanced space services, on:
- its bid for a space industry consultancy business.
- the divestment of its wholly owned subsidiary ECAPS AB, a manufacturer of green propulsion systems for satellites, to the AIAC group.
- its divestment of its Airborne Systems business.
- its divestment of its Space Systems Division to OHB AG.
Representation of Nordic Capital, a leading private equity firm in the Nordic region, on:
- its acquisition of the Lindorff Group, a leading European credit management services provider.
- its acquisition of a majority of the shares of Gina Tricot AB, a leading Swedish fashion chain.
Representation of Nordic Capital V Ltd., a fund managed by leading private equity firm Nordic Capital, on its divestment of the Point International Group, a producer and designer of electronic payment solutions to VeriFone, Inc.
Legal 500 2020-2021 – Commercial, Corporate and M&A, Sweden