Hugues Mathez is the head of the White & Case Corporate/M&A Practice in Paris. His clients benefit from his skill and wide-ranging experience in corporate and securities law, mergers & acquisitions and group restructurings.
With clients in the industrial, financial institutions and real estate sectors, Hugues guides them in mergers and acquisitions, and group restructurings (carve-out).
He offers advice on disclosure and corporate governance matters, and provides hands-on supervision of regulatory issues relating to their corporate and securities affairs, as well as on transaction structuring. Clients include large listed entities such as Faurecia, Legrand, Nestlé and Orange.Hugues is a member of the scientific committee of the Bulletin Joly, one of the most important corporate law reviews in France.
Bluestar Adisseo (2020)
Representation of Bluestar Adisseo Company, a world leader in feed additives for animal nutrition, in connection with its investment in Calysta, the world’s leading alternative protein producer, and the creation of a joint-venture established I Chine by Bluestar-Adisseo and Calysta. The joint-venture named Calysseo will develop an innovative feed solution for aquaculture and will provide exclusive supply for Asian markets.
Representation of Orange in one of the first litigation proceedings initiated in France with to the representation of employee shareholders on the board of directors.
FCC Aqualia (2019)
Representation of the Spanish group FCC Aqualia on its acquisition of the French water group SPI Environnement.
Representation of the founders and majority shareholders of SAB, one of France’s leading core banking developers, in the sale of the SAB Group to the European leader in digital transformation Sopra Steria, whose shares are listed on Euronext Paris, after an open-bid process.
Representation of Natixis on:
- its strategic partnership with Wynd, to create an omni-channel retail solution for point of sale operations and payments;
- the sale of its cash equity business and long-term partnership with ODDO BHF to create a major player on equity brokerage and equity capital markets (ECM) in Continental Europe.
Europ Assistance (2018)
Representation of Europ Assistance, Generali Group, in relation to:
- the sale, by Europ Assistance France and Malakoff Médéric Assurances, of their stake in two joint-ventures Bien-Être Assistance and EAP France:
- the sale of its International Health Solutions (IHS) medical staffing affiliate - which operates in countries such as Angola, Chad and Niger - to Singapore-based International SOS for an undisclosed price.
Representation of Solocal Group on:
- the sale of Retail Explorer, a Mappy subsidiary;
- its financial restructuring of 2018 and the amendment to its accelerated financial safeguard plan;
- its acquisition of 100% of the capital of Leadformance, a Paris-based provider of ecommerce retail services across Europe;
- its acquisition of Wozaik, a French digital marketing company;
- the sale of its Spanish activities (QDQ).
Representation of Faurecia, one of the world’s largest automotive equipment suppliers, in relation to:
- its strategic partnership and investment in Parrot Automotive; and
- the sale of its Automotive Exteriors business to Plastic Omnium.
Representation of SES-imagotag, a specialist in digital solutions for retail commerce and global leader in smart digital labels, on the labour aspects of its partnership and transfer of a majority stake to the Chinese BOE Technology Group for approximately €410 million.
Oberthur Fiduciaire (2017)
Representation of Oberthur Fiduciaire on the acquisition of the company Arjowiggins Security BV (a subsidiary of Arjowiggins Security, and indirectly of Sequana), including its VHP plant in Apeldoorn in the Netherlands, and intellectual property rights related to the production of banknote paper.