Irina Fogarty (née Kozlova)
Irina is an associate in our global M&A and Corporate practice based in London. She is a member of our EMEA Private Equity team and has extensive experience advising private equity houses and financial sponsors on a range of cross-border transactions. Irina also advises emerging growth companies and investors (both institutional and strategic) on venture capital financings and M&A transactions.
Irina has previously been seconded to the Firm's Hong Kong office and to The Carlyle Group.
- Representation of Bud Financial on its series B fundraising, primarily funded by PE Investor, TDR Capital LLP.
- Representation of Habito, an online mortgage broker servicing the UK, on several financing rounds.
- Representation of Supercell, the Finnish mobile game developer behind Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars, on its:
- acquisition of a majority stake in and committing U$60 million in financing for Trailmix, a London-based gaming studio.
- equity funding of Space Ape, a London-based gaming studio.
- The Carlyle Group, on its:
- acquisition of a majority stake in international digital marketing agency Incubeta Holdings International Limited.
- acquisition of LiveU, a pioneer of a bonded cellular technology-based live video transmission platform from Francisco Partners.
- acquisition of 1E Limited, a leading Unified eXperience Management (UXM) software solutions provider, from its founders.
- acquisition of a US$490 million strategic 20% stake in Piramal Pharma, the pharmaceutical division of India's Piramal Enterprises Limited.
- US$200 million strategic investment and partnership between Carlyle Asia Partners V and KB Financial Group, Korea's largest bank.
- acquisition of a majority stake in SeQuent Scientific Limited, the largest pure-play animal healthcare company in India.
- SoftBank Vision Fund II on its:
- US$25 million series B round investment as lead investor in Apollo Agriculture, Inc., a Kenya-based agricultural-technology company.
- investment into Claroty, an Israeli cyber security company, as lead investor in a US$400 million financing round.
- US$34 million series C round investment in StreamElements, an Israeli developer of tools for streamers.
- Series C round investment in Wiliot, a leader in Sensing as a Service and IoT Pixel tagging technology, based in Israel.
- Series D financing of CMR Surgical, a global medical devices company dedicated to transforming surgery with Versius®, a next-generation surgical robot.
- US$500 million Series E round investment in ContentSquare, the French global leader in digital experience analytics.
- €100 million Series D round investment in Job and Talent Holding Limited, the world's leading digital temporary staffing agency with operations in six European markets as well as Mexico and Colombia.
- Avia Solutions Group (ASG), a global aerospace services group, on a strategic partnership with Certares Management LLC (Certares) pursuant to which Certares will make a €300 million structured equity investment in ASG.
- Rohlik Group, one of Europe's leading online grocery businesses with presence in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria and Germany on its €190 million Series B round investment by Partech Partners and Index Ventures, with participation by EBRD, J&T Banka, Quadrille Capital and R2G.
- Advising funds managed by EIG on the acquisition of the 1332 MW Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) power station and 49 MW battery at West Burton B in Nottinghamshire, England from EDF Energy.
- dMY Technology Group, Inc. II (NYSE: DMYD), a SPAC, on its agreement to combine with UK-based Genius Sports Group Limited, a leading provider of sports data and technology powering the sports, betting and media ecosystem valued at US$1.5 billion.
- Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of a 95% interest in Swancor Renewable Energy Co. Ltd, including its 25% interest in the Formosa 2 offshore wind farm project in Taiwan. This deal was recognized as "Renewables Deal of the Year, Asia-Pacific" at the 2019 Infrastructure Investor Awards.
- Lightsource, the global market leader in the development and management of large scale solar projects, and its founders on the launch of the "Lightsource BP" solar power partnership with BP which involved a US$200 million investment by BP.
- Avast Group, a Czech multinational cybersecurity software company headquartered in Prague, on the acquisition of the Piriform Group Limited (creator of PC performance utility software products known primarily under the brand name CCleaner) and the FileHippo.com business from the founder sellers.
- Bridgepoint, on its:
- £750 million acquisition of Zenith, the UK's largest independent vehicle leasing business, from HgCapital.
- acquisition of Leeds-based Contract Vehicles Holdings Limited Group, provider of commercial vehicle contract hire and fleet management solutions specialising in the HGV market.