Partner, New York
Ivan is a partner in our Project Development and Finance group.
Ivan's practice focuses on assisting clients in the energy industry on strategic commercial initiatives, including joint ventures, project developments, acquisitions, equity and debt financings, and restructurings.
Bars and Courts
New York State Bar
University of Michigan
Representative transactions include:
- Representation of DP World, a leading provider of worldwide smart end-to-end supply chain logistics, on its US$1.2 billion acquisition of syncreon, a US-based logistics provider.
- Representation of Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco) on a long term infrastructure deal with a consortium led by EIG Global Energy Partners (EIG), one of the world's leading infrastructure investors, to optimize its assets through a lease-and-lease-back arrangement involving its stabilized crude oil pipeline network. Saudi Aramco will receive upfront proceeds of around US$12.4 billion.
- Saudi Aramco on its US$29.4 billion Initial Public Offering on the Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul), which was the world's largest IPO in history. At listing, Saudi Aramco's valuation was US$1.7 trillion, making it the world's most valuable public company.
- Saudi Aramco on the establishment of its Rule 144A/Regulation S Global Medium Term Notes program and issuance of US$12 billion of notes.
- Saudi Aramco on its US$69.1 billion acquisition of a 70% stake in Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) from the Public Investment Fund (PIF). The transaction was named "M&A Deal of the Year (Over US$50 billion)" by the M&A Advisor (2020).
- MDL Beast on its MDL Beast Festival, which included electronic music, performing arts and culinary craft, and took place from 19th to 21st December 2019. Over 450,000 visitors attended, enjoying music and performances across five stages from international musicians, DJs and artists, alongside emerging Saudi talent.
- Various Saudi Government ministries and agencies on projects in a range of sectors.
- Saline Water Conversion Corporation, the world's largest desalination company, on its privatization program.
- Saudi Aramco in the development, structuring and financing of Sadara Chemical Company, a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and The Dow Chemical Company.
- Saudi Aramco in connection with the expansion of the US$9.9 billion refinery, ethane cracker, petrochemical complex and associated conversion industrial park in Rabigh, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Aramco/SEC on the 1,300-1,600 MW Fadhili IPP, which was recognized as "MENA Power Deal of the Year" by IJ Global.
- Bayonne Energy Center, a joint venture between Hess Corporation and ArcLight Capital Partners, in connection with the construction, development, operation and project financing of the 512 MW natural gas-fired, simple-cycle power generation facility in Bayonne, New Jersey.
- Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, Mizuho Corporate Bank, Ltd., and RBS Securities Inc. as mandated lead arrangers and lenders in connection with the US$688 million project financing for the development, construction, operation and management of a 550 MW combined cycle power plant developed by NRG Energy, Inc. on a site in El Segundo, California.
- BayernLB, Rabobank, Nord/LB and Union Bank as mandated lead arrangers in connection with the project financing of the 201 MW Post Rock wind farm in Kansas.
- DnB NOR Bank as lender in connection with the 550 MW solar photovoltaic Desert Sunlight Project.