Jaime Ma is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group, and is resident in the New York office. Ms. Ma represents corporate clients and private equity funds in domestic and global mergers, acquisitions and equity investments in a broad range of industries.
Recent transactions include the:
- Representation of Tigo Energy, Inc., a leading provider of intelligent solar and energy storage solutions on its reverse triangular merger with Roth CH Acquisition IV Co. (NASDAQ: ROCG) based on a $600 million pre-money equity value.
- Representation of HighPost Capital, a major U.S. private equity firm focused on consumer-based opportunities as lead investor in the $200 million equity financing of Spotter, a data and technology company that offers financing solutions for independent content creators across digital platforms through licensing and monetization.
- Representation of InterPrivate II (NYSE:IPVA) on its $1.2 billion pro forma equity value business combination agreement with Getaround, Inc., a digital peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace with offices in the U.S., France, and Norway.
- Representation (U.S.) of ADVANZ PHARMA, a global pharmaceuticals company with a strategic focus on specialty and hospital pharmaceuticals in Europe, on its US$405 million acquisition of the majority of Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc.'s subsidiaries and operations in Europe, Canada, and all other markets outside of the US, including rights to commercialise Ocaliva® (obeticholic acid) for primary biliary cholangitis.
- Representation of Morgan Stanley Infrastructure, in its US$1.3 billion acquisition of SpecialtyCare, Inc., a leading national platform with an established network for providing outsourced clinical services to hospital operating rooms and provider of perfusion, intraoperative neuromonitoring, and surgical services.
- Representation of ION Acquisition Corp 2 Ltd. (NYSE: IACB), a SPAC, in its US$1.3 billion business combination with Innovid, Inc., a global leader in connected TV ad delivery and measurement.
Her representative experience prior to joining White & Case includes the:
- Representation of Wafra Capital Partners, a structured finance investment manager specializing in Sharia-compliant investment products, in several of its portfolio investments, through joint venture arrangements, including the $907 million acquisition financing of 711 Fifth Avenue, the $145 million acquisition financing of 300 Lafayette Street, the $145 million acquisition financing of 111 Wall Street, and the $355 million refinancing 1500 Spring Garden, 1635 Market Street, and 1835 Market Street in Philadelphia's Central Business District.
- Representation of Ocean Rig UDW Inc. (NASDAQ: ORIG), an international offshore drilling corporation that specializes in oilfield services for offshore oil and gas exploration, drilling, and ultra-deepwater and harsh environment industry, in its cash and stock sale of the corporation valued at approximately $2.7 billion to Transocean Ltd.(NYSE: RIG), an international offshore contract drilling service provider for oil and gas wells.
- Representation of Growth Catalyst Partners, a middle market private equity firm, in connection with its US$63 million leveraged stock acquisition of the Equine Network, a provider of proprietary sports content and services in the equine industry with debt financing from Monroe Capital.
- Representation of City of London Investment Group PLC, a large UK-based institutional asset manager in its US$100 million acquisition via reverse triangular merger of Karpus Management, Inc., a large US-based advisory firm that specializes in cash, fixed-income, and equity portfolio management.
- Representation of GIA Partners, LLC, a minority business enterprise specializing in fixed income and credit solutions, in connection with its US$17.75 million sale of its business to Ziegler Capital Management, LLC, an asset management firm specializing in fixed income and equity markets.
- Representation of an investment advisor for the purchase of a majority of preferred shares of an artificial intelligence company in two follow-on series venture capital financing transactions.
- Representation of Kudu Investment Management, LLC, an independent provider of permanent capital solutions, in its US$250 million investment from Oaktree Capital Management, L.P. and White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. and multiple transactions involving its acquisitions of minority interests of various asset and wealth management firms.