Jan Vacula, an associate of the Prague office, is a member of the Capital Markets Practice Group.
Jan focuses on capital markets and debt financing transactions, providing advisory services to both international and local lenders, investors and companies in connection with international and domestic transactions. In addition, Jan advises financial institutions on complex regulatory and compliance matters.
Prior to joining White & Case, Jan gained experience in the legal department of an international investment group and as an intern in the banking & finance team of a leading international law firm.
Bars and Courts
Czech Bar Association
Charles University, Faculty of Law
Diploma, English and EU Law
British Law Centre
University of St Andrews
Study Abroad Program
University of Virginia
Jan has represented, among, others, the following clients:
- CTP Group, the largest full-service owner-developer of prime industrial and logistics property in the Central & Eastern Europe region, on its initial public offering (IPO) and listing of its shares on Euronext Amsterdam – the largest real estate IPO in Europe since 2014.
- Avast, a multinational cybersecurity software company headquartered in Prague and a long-term client of the firm, on their strategic projects globally, including advising Avast on its USD 816.6 million initial public offering.
- Česká spořitelna, a.s., Komerční banka, a.s., Société Générale and WOOD & Company Financial Services, a.s as joint global coordinators and joint bookrunners in connection with the initial public offering of shares of CZG - Česká zbrojovka Group, one of the leading European producers of firearms for military and law enforcement, personal defence, hunting and sport shooting, and their listing on the Prague Stock Exchange.
- CTP Group as issuer in connection with the establishment of its EMTN Programme, its subsequent updates and several issues of notes thereunder. The programme includes a green bond framework and the notes are listed on the Global Exchange Market of Euronext Dublin.
- Société Générale as arranger and Barclays Bank Ireland, J.P. Morgan, Komerční banka and Société Générale as dealers on the establishment of the EUR 5 billion international mortgage covered bonds programme of Komerční banka (Société Générale group), one of the leading banks operating in the Czech Republic.
- Raiffeisen Bank International as Arranger of a dual program establishment by RBI Czech Republic/Slovakia for Czech covered bonds and regulatory notes, respectively.
- UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, as issuer, in connection with an update of its EUR 7 billion international covered bonds program, as well as on subsequent issues of mortgage covered bonds under the programme.
- CETIN Group, a holding company of a leading Central European telecommunications group with operations across a number of jurisdictions, and its finance subsidiary CETIN Finco on the establishment of their EUR 2 billion EMTN Programme and the debut issuance by CETIN Group of EUR 500 million 3.125% notes due April 2027 thereunder.
- P3 Group, a leading European owner, developer and manager of prime logistics and industrial real estate, as issuer on the establishment of its EUR 5 billion EMTN Programme.
- Eustream, the owner and operator of one of the major European gas pipelines and the only transmission system operator in the Slovak Republic, on its successful debut international offering of EUR 500 million 1.625% fixed rate notes due 2027 and their admission to trading on the regulated market of Euronext Dublin.
- PPF Telecom Group (formerly known as PPF Arena 1) on the establishment and update of its unique cross-over EUR 3 billion EMTN Programme and issuances thereunder, which included EUR 550 million 3.125% senior secured notes due March 2026, EUR 500 million 2.125% senior secured notes due 31 January 2025 and a tap issuance in relation to the EUR 500 million 2.125 Notes due 2025. The notes have been admitted to trading on the Global Exchange Market of Euronext Dublin.
- Energo-Pro, a leading electricity distribution and hydropower generation company in the Black Sea region, on the offering of USD 435 million 8.500% Guaranteed Notes due 2027.
- NET4GAS, the sole owner and operator of the Czech gas transmission system, on a CZK-denominated bond offering in an aggregate amount of CZK 10.998 billion (approximately EUR 440 million). The dual-tranche transaction consisted of CZK 4.098 billion floating rate bonds due 2028 and CZK 6.9 billion 2.745 per cent. bonds due 2031. The transaction represented the largest CZK denominated corporate bond offering so far.
- EP Infrastructure (EPIF), a subsidiary of the EPH Group, a leading Central European energy group, on several high-profile international bond transactions, including
- the offering of EUR 500 million 1.816% notes due 2031 and their admission to trading on the regulated market of Euronext Dublin.
- the offering of EUR 500 million 2.045% fixed rate notes due 2028 and their admission to trading on the regulated market of Euronext Dublin.
- the offering of EUR 600 million 1.698% fixed rate notes due 2026 and their admission to trading on the Global Exchange Market of Euronext Dublin.
- the issue of EUR 70 million floating rate notes due April 2027. The notes were offered by way of a private placement to institutional investors and have been listed on the Third Market of the Vienna Stock Exchange.
- successful debut international offering of EUR 750 million 1.659 % fixed rate notes due 2024 and its admission to trading on the regulated market of Euronext Dublin.
- ČEZ Group, the largest electricity generation and distribution company in the Czech Republic and one of the ten largest energy companies in Europe, with more than 8 million customers and over 32 thousand employees, as issuer, in connection with the annual update of its EUR 8 billion EMTN Programme.
- ČEZ Group in connection with its offers to purchase for cash any and all of its outstanding USD 700 million 4.250 per cent. notes due 2022 and its outstanding EUR 750 million 5.000% notes due October 2021 and EUR 500 million 0.875% Notes due November 2022. The transaction is one of the very few liability management transactions on the Czech market.
- České dráhy (Czech Railways), the Czech national railway transport operator, in connection with the issue of EUR 500 million 1.500 % notes due 2026 and their admission to trading on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
- Česká spořitelna, (Erste Group) and Komerční banka (Société Générale) as joint lead managers on the issue of CZK 1.1 billion (EUR 42 million) floating-rate bonds due June 2023 by DEKINVEST, an investment fund with variable share capital, acting as investment manager of the sub-fund DEKINVEST podfond Alfa, and guaranteed by DEK a.s., a holding company of a leading group supplying construction products and services in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. The bonds are listed on the Prague Stock Exchange.
- ČD Cargo, part of the České dráhy (Czech Railways) group, Czech national railway operator and one of the major state-owned companies, on three subsequent issues of bonds under its domestic bond programme:
- the issue and private placement of CZK 1 billion (equivalent to approximately EUR 39 million) 2.55 % p.a. bonds due July 2025
- the issue of CZK 1 billion 2.17 per cent. bonds due July 2026 under its up to CZK 6 billion 10-year bond programme established in 2011 and amended in 2015.
- the issue of CZK 770 million 2.09 per cent. bonds due November 2026 under its up to CZK 6 billion 10-year bond programme established in 2011 and amended in 2015.