Jan Vacula, an associate of the Prague office, is a member of the Capital Markets Practice Group.
Jan focuses on capital markets and debt financing transactions, providing advisory services to both international and local lenders, investors and companies in connection with international and domestic transactions. In addition, Jan advises financial institutions on complex regulatory and compliance matters.
Prior to joining White & Case, Jan gained experience in the legal department of an international investment group and as an intern in the banking & finance team of a leading international law firm.
British Law Centre
Jan has represented, among, others, the following clients:
- Avast, a multinational cybersecurity software company headquartered in Prague and a long-term client of the firm, on their strategic projects globally, including advising Avast on its USD 816.6 million initial public offering.
- UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, a.s., as issuer, in connection with an update of its EUR 5 billion international covered bonds program.
- PPF Arena 1 B.V. on the establishment of its EUR 3 billion EMTN programme and the debut issuance of EUR 550 million 3.125% notes due March 2026 thereunder. The notes have been admitted to trading on the Global Exchange Market of Euronext Dublin.
- EP Infrastructure, a.s. (EPIF), a subsidiary of EPH, a leading Central European energy group, on:
- Its successful debut international offering of EUR 750 million 1.659 % fixed rate notes due 2024 and its admission to trading on the regulated market of Euronext Dublin;
- Offering of EUR 600 million 1.698 % fixed rate notes due 2026 and their admission to trading on the Global Exchange Market of Euronext Dublin; and
- Issuance of its EUR 70 million floating rate notes due 2027, offered by way of a private placement to institutional investors and listed on the Vienna MTF of the Vienna Stock Exchange.
- České dráhy, a.s., the Czech national railway transport operator in connection with the issue of EUR 500 million 1.500 % notes due 2026 and their admission to trading on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
- Česká spořitelna, a.s. (Erste Group) and Komerční banka, a.s. (Société Générale) as joint lead managers on the issue of CZK 1.1 billion (EUR 42 million) floating-rate bonds due June 2023 by DEKINVEST, an investment fund with variable share capital, acting as investment manager of the sub-fund DEKINVEST podfond Alfa, and guaranteed by DEK a.s., a holding company of a leading group supplying construction products and services in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. The bonds are listed on the Prague Stock Exchange.
- ČD Cargo, a.s., the largest Czech railway transport provider, on the issue and private placement of CZK 1 billion (equivalent to approximately EUR 39 million) 2.55 % p.a. bonds due July 2025 and CZK 1 billion 2.17 % bonds due July 2026 issued under its up to CZK 6 billion notes programme with a duration of 10 years established in 2011 and amended in 2015.