Jean-Lou Salha is a partner in the White Collar & Investigations Practice, based in the Paris office.
He acts as a litigator and advisor to financial institutions and corporates, as well as their senior management, on criminal investigations carried out by French and foreign authorities. He also represents clients at all stages of criminal proceedings connected to fraud, cybercrime, misappropriation of corporate assets.
Jean-Lou advises clients on complex compliance issues related to anti-bribery and anti-money laundering regulations and practices. In this regard, he drafts and reviews relevant internal procedures and ad-hoc compliance programs, provides ABC, AML and ESG training, and coordinates corporate internal investigations. He advises clients on implementing whistleblowing procedures and codes of professional ethics.
Jean-Lou also assists clients on French employment law infringements, in particular illegal work, discrimination, moral harassment, workers' protection and health and safety issues.
He also represents clients as part of proceedings (i) initiated by the French Banking Supervisory Authority for breach of consumer protection rules and (ii) in administrative and criminal proceedings for misleading commercial practices.
Prior to joining White & Case LLP, Jean-Lou was an associate at a specialised white-collar firm in Paris and previously worked in the corporate and M&A practice of a leading French law firm. In addition to his white collar and regulatory practice, he has advised listed and non-listed companies on mergers & acquisitions, capital issuances, tender offers and corporate law.
Jean-Lou Salha's recent experience includes:
- Assisting a leading financial institution in connection with investigations by multiple authorities including the European Commission, the US Department of Justice, the US CFTC and the UK FCA, in relation to the setting of LIBOR, EURIBOR and SIBOR.
- Assisting multinational industrial, financial and technology companies as part of anti-bribery audits initiated by the French Anticorruption Agency (AFA) in relation with the Sapin II law (review of questionnaires, assistance in the context of additional requests made by the AFA, assistance during interviews and submissions in response to the report).
- Assisting a leading French bank in relation with administrative proceedings by French banking supervisory authority concerning compliance with consumer protection measures and AML regulations.
- Assisting a leading French bank in relation with administrative proceedings by French banking supervisory authority concerning compliance with anti-money laundering regulations measures.
- Assisting listed companies in the set up and implementation of rules and proceedings to the High Authority for Transparency in Public Life (HATVP) requirements relating to lobbying.
- Assisting a French industrial company as part of a criminal investigation (falsification of documentation by employees) in the nuclear industry, based on deficiencies of their quality system. Coordination of the strategy (labor issues, commercial litigation).
Recognized as "Next Generation Partner" by Legal 500 EMEA 2023 for Compliance in France
"Jean-Lou Salha is proactive and comes up with solutions."
Legal 500 EMEA 2022, France, Compliance