Jin Yu Tan
Jin Yu Tan is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity practice, based in Hong Kong.
Jin Yu advises private equity sponsors, sovereign wealth funds, government pension funds, family offices and strategic clients on a variety of matters across multiple sectors, including acquisitions, divestitures, venture financing, growth equity investments, PIPEs and other corporate transactions.
Prior to joining White & Case, Jin Yu worked in the Hong Kong office of a leading global law firm.
Jin Yu's experience* includes representation of:
- SoftBank Vision Fund in the US$2.4 billion Series D and D+ financing (alongside Tencent and Sequoia Capital China) of Beike, a leading PRC real estate brokerage platform.
- Advent International in the sale of its controlling interest in AI Dream, a leading premium sleep solution provider that operates global brands Serta and King Koil in China.
- Jio Platforms Limited, a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited, in its proposed US$200 million Series D investment in Glance, a leading AI-driven lock-screen platform.
- Apax Funds in their acquisition of the software products business of 3i Infotech Limited (NSE: 3IINFOTECH), an Indian IT solutions company listed on the National Stock Exchange of India Limited.
- Partners Group (SIX: PGHN) in the sale of various assets in the technology sector in the Southeast Asia region.
- Blackstone in its US$150 million investment in 21Vianet Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: VNET), a leading carrier- and cloud-neutral Internet data center services provider in the PRC.
- An investor consortium, comprising Centurium Capital, PW Medtech Group Limited (HKSE: 1358), CITIC Capital, Temasek and Marc Chan, in the take-private of China Biologic Products Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBPO), a leading fully integrated plasma-based biopharmaceutical company in China, at a valuation of approximately US$4.6 billion. This transaction was named "Pharmaceuticals, Medical and Biotech M&A Deal of the Year" by Mergermarket China M&A Awards 2021, "2021 Deals of the Year" by China Business Law Journal and "M&A Deal of the Year" by China Law & Practice Awards 2021.
- Sino-Ocean Prime Office Partners I LP, a US$1.4 billion fund formed by Sino-Ocean Capital, on the acquisition of Ocean Office Park and Project Z6, two grade-A office projects located in the central business district of Beijing.
- Clermont Group in its US$76 million investment in Eviation Aircraft, an Israeli electric aircraft company.
- TPG in various transactions (including its acquisition of Novotech).
- A sovereign wealth fund in its investment in a US$300 million credit fund focusing on investments in the US and European structured credit markets.
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) in its establishment of a real estate investment platform with Greystar Real Estate Partners, LLC and APG Asset Management N.V., focusing on high-quality rental housing in Asia-Pacific.
*Includes matters prior to joining White & Case.