Jordan Kobb is an associate in the Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group, and is resident in the New York office. Mr. Kobb focuses his practice on the representation of corporate clients and private equity funds in connection with domestic and global mergers, acquisitions and equity investments.
Jordan is listed in "The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch" for Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity by Best Lawyers (2021).
Recent matters include the representation of:
- SES Holdings Pte. Ltd., a developer and manufacturer of high-performance hybrid lithium-metal rechargeable batteries for electric vehicles, in its US$3.6 billion business combination with Ivanhoe Capital Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: IVAN), a SPAC focused on electrification of society and industry.
- Diamond S Shipping Inc., one of the largest publicly listed owners and operators of crude and product tankers, in its US$2 billion merger with International Seaways, Inc., one of the largest tanker companies worldwide providing energy transportation services for crude oil and petroleum products.
- Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE), a Fortune 500 energy services holding company, the acquisition by Oncor Electric Delivery Company LLC of InfraREIT, Inc. (NYSE: HIFR), for approximately $1.275 billion and the concurrent acquisition by (i) Sempra of a 50-percent interest in Sharyland Utilities, LP for approximately US$98 million and (ii) Oncor, through subsidiaries of InfraREIT, of certain North and West Texas assets of Sharyland. Sempra Energy owns an approximate 80-percent ownership stake in Oncor.
- Dominus Capital, L.P., in its acquisition of Lockmasters, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of locks, doors and related hardware components and provider of related education and training classes.
- Anthem, Inc., one of the nation's largest health benefit companies, in:
- its acquisition of Beacon Health Options, the largest independently held behavioral health organization in the US from Bain Capital Private Equity and Diamond Castle Holdings.
- its acquisition of America's 1st Choice, a privately-held for-profit Medicare Advantage organization that offers HMO products in Florida and South Carolina.
- EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) in the tax-free spin-off and subsequent merger of its broadcast satellite service business, including nine satellites and certain real estate owned by EchoStar, with a subsidiary of DISH Network Corp. (NASDAQ: DISH).
- Seaspan Corporation (NYSE: SSW), the world's largest independent containership owner-operator, in its acquisition of the remaining 89% of Greater China Intermodal Investments LLC it did not previously own from affiliates of The Carlyle Group and other minority owners at an implied enterprise value of US$1.6 billion.
- Roark Capital Group and Inspire Brands, Inc., owner of the Arby's and Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant chains, in:
- Inspire Brands' US$450 million repurchase of The Wendy's Company's (NASDAQ: WEN) remaining 12% ownership interest in Inspire Brands.
- Inspire Brands' acquisition of Jimmy John's LLC, a fast food sandwich restaurant chain.
- Hg Capital, a specialist private equity investor focused on software and service businesses, in its acquisition of Intelerad Medical Systems, a leading global provider of medical imaging software and enterprise workflow solutions.
- I Squared Capital in its acquisition of an equity interest in Oleoducto Central, S.A. (OCENSA), operator of the largest crude oil pipeline in Colombia.
- Certares LP in:
- its investment in AmaWaterways, a leading luxury river cruising company.
- its acquisition of Guardian Alarm, a super-regional security provider.
- Dominus Capital in the sale of its portfolio company, Intelliteach, a leading global provider of outsourcing solutions in the legal and accounting markets.
- Harvest Partners in the sale and reinvestment of its portfolio company, VetCor Group Holdings Corp., one of the largest operators of veterinary hospitals in the US
- Pilot Flying J, the largest operator of travel centers in North America, and its shareholders, the Haslam Family, in the investment in a significant minority stake by Berkshire Hathaway.
- Altria Group, Inc. in its acquisition of Sherman Group Holdings, Inc., a distributor of super-premium cigarettes and premium cigars.
- Quad-C Management Inc. in its acquisition of IGH Investment Holdings LLC, a global provider of packaging solutions.
Listed in "The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch" for Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity, Best Lawyers, 2021