Katherine Dineen Smith
Katherine Dineen Smith is a corporate associate and is resident in the New York office. Ms. Dineen Smith focuses her practice on the representation of domestic and international buyers and sellers in private and public domestic, cross-border and global mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private investments across a broad range of industries.
Independent Directors of Mobile Mini, Inc. (NASDAQ: MINI), the largest US provider of portable storage solutions, on its merger of equals with WillScot Corp. (NASDAQ: WSC), the largest US supplier of mobile office trailers. The combination resulted in a combined enterprise value of US$6.6 billion.
Sony Corporation of America in its pending US$2.3 billion acquisition of the equity interests in DH Publishing, L.P. (the parent entity of EMI Music Publishing) held by a group of investors led by Mubadala Investment Company.
CVC Capital Partners in the:
- US$1.8 billion acquisition of ConvergeOne Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CVON), a leading global IT and managed services provider of collaboration and technology solutions. The transaction was named "M&A Deal of the Year (Over US$1 billion)" and "Information Technology Deal of the Year (Over US$1 billion)" by The M&A Advisor (2020).
- acquisition of a majority stake in MedRisk, a leading provider of managed physical medicine services for the workers' compensation industry in the United States.
Odebrecht S.A. in its sale of the 456 megawatt Chaglla hydroelectric power plant in Peru to a consortium headed by China Three Gorges Corp. for US$1.39 billion.
Macquarie Infrastructure Partners II in the US$1.212 billion sale of Gadus Holdings Corporation, the parent company of WCA Waste Corporation, to GFL Holdco (US), LLC, a subsidiary of GFL Environmental Inc.
Anthem, Inc., one of the nation's largest health benefits companies, in numerous transactions, including its acquisition of:
- myNEXUS Inc., a post-acute benefits management company focused on delivering innovative home and community-based product offerings.
- Aspire Health, the nation's largest non-hospice, community-based palliative care provider.
- America's 1st Choice, a privately held, for profit Medicare Advantage organization.
- HealthSun, an integrated Medicare Advantage health plan and healthcare delivery network.
DIF Capital Partners, a leading global independent infrastructure investment fund manager, through its fund DIF Infrastructure VI, in its acquisition of Bernhard LLC, the largest privately owned Energy-as-a-Service (EaaS) solutions company in the United States, from an affiliate of Bernhard Capital Partners.
Mill Rock Packaging Partners LLC and its affiliates in its acquisition of All Packaging Company, a cartons manufacturing company.
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS), a global provider of satellite communication solutions, on its investment in OneWeb, a satellite communications company jointly owned by the UK Government and Bharti Global after its emergence from bankruptcy.
Certares LP, a global travel, tourism and hospitality investment firm, in its investments in AmaWaterways and Mystic Invest, two leading European luxury river cruising companies.
Hughes Network Systems, LLC, a subsidiary of EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS), a premier global provider of satellite and video delivery solutions, in a Brazilian joint venture and an United Arab Emirates joint venture with Al Yah Satellite Communications Company, a subsidiary of Mubadala Investment Company.
Quad-C Management, Inc. in its acquisition of AIT Worldwide Logistics, Inc., an international transportation and logistics company.
Quad-C Wolf Holdings, Inc., one of the largest suppliers of kitchen and bath cabinetry in the United States and a portfolio company of Quad-C Management, Inc., in its sale to Tenex Capital Management, L.P.
Dominus Capital and in its sale of W.F. Taylor., a leading specialty flooring adhesives and sealants manufacturer.
Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P. in the negotiation and execution of transaction documents to establish a 50:50 joint venture with Digital Realty focused on the development, ownership and operation of institutional quality data centers in India.