Kristen Rohr is a partner in the Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group, and is resident in the New York office. Ms. Rohr focuses on the representation of corporate clients and private equity funds in connection with domestic and global mergers, acquisitions and equity investments in a broad range of industries.
Kristen was named to The Deal's "Top Rising Stars" for Mergers & Acquisitions in 2021. She is also listed as a "Rising Star" for M&A in the United States by Euromoney.
Representative transaction include the representation of:
- Altria Group, Inc. in the US$1.2 billion sale by its subsidiary, UST LLC, of its Ste. Michelle Wine Estates (Ste. Michelle) business to Sycamore Partners Management, L.P.
- NTT DATA, Inc., a recognized leader in global information technology services, in its acquisition of Nexient, LLC, a US-based software services firm.
- Dominus Capital in the sale of Cincinnati Fan & Ventilator, a manufacturer of industrial fans and blowers.
- Diamond S Shipping Inc., one of the largest publicly listed owners and operators of crude and product tankers, in its US$2 billion merger with International Seaways, Inc., one of the largest tanker companies worldwide providing energy transportation services for crude oil and petroleum products.
- ION Acquisition Corp 1 Ltd. (NYSE: IACA), a SPAC, in its US$2.6 billion business combination with Taboola.com Ltd., an Israeli private company and a global leader in powering recommendations for the open web.
- Qatar Investment Authority in its co-investment with a consortium led by Tencent Holdings Ltd. and its affiliate Tencent Music Entertainment Group (NYSE: TME) in the acquisition of a 10 percent stake in Universal Music Group, from Vivendi S.A.
- I Squared Capital in their portfolio company's (American Intermodal Management) merger with FlexiVan Leasing, the third-largest marine chassis provider in the US.
- Newmont Mining Corporation (NYSE: NEM), a gold and copper producer based in the United States with operations worldwide, in its US$10 billion acquisition of Goldcorp Inc. (NYSE: GG, TSX: G), a Canadian senior gold producer.
- NTT DATA, Inc., a recognized leader in global technology services, in its acquisition of Net eSolutions Corporation, a provider of digital design and transformation services for U.S. Department of Health and Human Services agencies.
- Roark Capital Group and Inspire Brands, Inc., a global multi-brand restaurant company, in the acquisition of Jimmy John's LLC, a fast food sandwich restaurant chain.
- Seaspan Corporation (NYSE: SSW), the world's largest independent containership owner-operator, in its acquisition of the remaining 89% of Greater China Intermodal Investments LLC it did not previously own from affiliates of The Carlyle Group and other minority owners at an implied enterprise value of US$1.6 billion.
- Roivant Sciences Ltd., a biopharmaceutical drug development company, in the launch of Genevant Sciences Ltd., a joint venture with Arbutus Biopharma Corporation (NASDAQ: ABUS), focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of a broad range of RNA-based therapeutics enabled by Arbutus' proprietary lipid nanoparticle (LNP) and ligand conjugate delivery technologies.
- Roivant Sciences in its US$1.1 billion equity financing from SoftBank Vision Fund.
- Certares Management LLC in:
- its investment in AmaWaterways, a leading luxury river cruising company; and
- its acquisition of Guardian Alarm, a super-regional security provider.
- Fortis Inc., Canada's largest publicly-owned distribution utility, in its US$11.3 billion acquisition of ITC Holdings Corp., an electric transmission company operating in the Great Lakes and Great Plains regions.
- Iconix Brand Group, Inc., a NASDAQ-listed consumer brand management company, in its US$100 million sale of intellectual property assets and licenses primarily related to the Sharper Image brand in the United States, Latin America, China, India and Israel.
- Hovensa L.L.C., a US Virgin Islands company and a joint venture formed by Hess Corp. and Petróleos de Venezuela, in the sale of substantially all of its petroleum terminalling assets pursuant to Sections 363 and 365 of the Bankruptcy Code, to a subsidiary of ArcLight Capital Partners, LLC.
- Anthem, Inc., one of the nation's largest health benefits companies, in its recently terminated US$54.2 billion agreement to acquire Cigna Corporation, a combination that garnered front-page coverage for over 2 years and involved extensive coordination of a White & Case team of cross-practice lawyers in M&A, antitrust, litigation and bank finance.
- Harvest Partners in the sale of its portfolio company, Driven Brands, Inc., one of the leading franchisors in the automotive aftermarket.
- Dominus Capital in in the acquisition of W.F. Taylor, a leading adhesives and coatings manufacturer for the floor covering industry.
- Federal-Mogul Corporation, a public company controlled by Carl Icahn and a leading global supplier of products and services in the automotive sector, in its acquisition of Affinia Group Inc.'s chassis business.
Listed as "Top Rising Star" for Mergers & Acquisitions, The Deal 2021
Rising Star, M&A in the United States, Euromoney 2021