Lachlan Low is counsel in our global M&A and Corporate practice based in London.
He has experience across a broad range of cross-border matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate restructurings.
As a chartered company secretary, Lachlan also manages the White & Case UK Public Company Advisory team which advises UK public companies on their day-to-day legal affairs and engages with listed companies outside of their transaction cycle to provide advice on a range of matters, with a particular focus on corporate governance and corporate advisory.
Prior to joining White & Case, Lachlan worked as UK counsel for a listed, market leading, global allergy immunotherapy company and has also worked in the London office of a leading global law firm where he specialised in corporate transactions in the financial institutions sector, also advising on non-contentious regulatory and governance matters.
The Chartered Governance Institute
- Representation of The Co-operative Bank on:
- its £3.2 billion bank balance sheet re-calibration exercise, which involved contemporaneous court-approved capital reduction processes at the level of The Co-operative Bank and its UK holding company
- its formal sale process under the UK Takeover Code and successful capital restructuring and change of control, including £250 million of new investment by a committee of bondholders and £450 million capitalisation of Tier 2 bonds
- Representation of Avast plc, the FTSE100 global leader in digital security and privacy, on its proposed US$9.2 billion merger with NortonLifeLock Inc. which is being structured as a takeover of Avast by NortonLifeLock.
- Representation of MotorK Plc on its initial public offering on Euronext Amsterdam.
- Representation of Rio Tinto, Amigo, Avast, Next15, Alfa Financial Software Holdings, DiscoverIE, Energean Oil & Gas and Stallergenes Greer on their continuing corporate legal obligations as private and publically listed companies, including AGM project management and annual report and accounts process
- Representation of Bright Scholar on its purchase of CATS Colleges, a network of schools in UK, China and North America
- Representation of ComplyAdvantage on its US$30 million Series B fundraising round led by Index Ventures and Balderton Capital
- Representation of Legal and General Assurance Society on the acquisition of part of Scottish Equitable's annuity portfolio*
- Representation of National Australia Bank on its £1.58 billion demerger and IPO of CYBG*
- Representation of Equistone Partners Europe on the sale of its majority stake in the insurance broker A-Plan to HgCapital*
- Representation of Euroins Insurance Group on the regulatory aspects of their €50 million issuance of floating rate subordinated notes*
- Representation of Deutsche Bank on the auction sale of its asset management business to Permira and the sale of its London wealth management business to Rathbone Brothers Plc*
- Representation of Mizuho Bank on the sale of its portfolio of private equity fund interests to Lexington Capital Partners and the establishment of a new parallel fund, with a transaction value in excess of £1 billion*
- Representation of ICAP on its multi-jurisdictional intra-group reorganisation*
- Representation of XL Insurance Company on its conversion to a Societas Europea ("SE") under the European SE Regulations*
*Experience prior to joining White & Case
"A top firm. Really strong, they stand out from their competitor firms."
M&A: Upper mid-market and premium deals UK Legal 500 2020