Mariasole Maschio

Associate, Milan



Mariasole Maschio is a member of the White & Case Italian practice. Her principal areas of practice are Corporate and M&A, including private and public M&A, Private Equity and Equity Capital Markets. Mariasole started her working experience in White & Case as a trainee in November 2017.

Bars and Courts
Italian Bar
Master Degree in Law
University of Trento




Corporate and M&A

  • De' Longhi S.p.A., an Italian company listed on the Milan Stock Exchange, in connection with the business combination between La Marzocco International, a Seattle-based espresso and high-end coffee machine maker, and Eversys, a Swiss company active in the production and distribution of coffee machines. The transaction involves the creation of a new US-based corporate holding structure controlled by De' Longhi, resulting from the contribution by De' Longhi of Eversys and the acquisition by De' Longhi of a majority stake in La Marzocco International, from its affiliate De' Longhi Industrial and certain minority shareholders. The aggregate enterprise value of the transaction is equal to approximately US$1,4 billion.
  • Mediobanca – Banca di Credito Finanziario S.p.A. in connection with the acquisition of Arma Partners. Under the terms of the agreement, Mediobanca acquired Arma Partners to create a leading Digital Economy franchise within the CIB Division.
  • BC Partners in connection with the €3 billion acquisition, together with Bain Capital, of Fedrigoni S.p.A., an Italy-based world leader in the production of value-added papers for luxury packaging and other creative solutions.
  • SECO S.p.A., an Italian company belonging to an international group leader in the sector of high technology in the miniaturization of computers and the Internet of Things, in connection with the acquisition of Garz & Fricke Holding GmbH and its controlled companies and AF HMI Holding from Afinum Siebte Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG and other minority shareholders for €180 million.
  • Takeda in connection with an agreement to divest a portfolio of select non-core prescription pharmaceutical products sold in China to Hasten Biopharmaceutic Co. Ltd. for approximately US$322 million.
  • Takeda in connection with the agreement to divest a portfolio of select over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription pharmaceutical products in Latin America countries within its Growth and Emerging Markets Business Unit to Hypera Pharma for a total value of US$825 million.
  • Takeda in connection with the agreement to divest a portfolio of select over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription pharmaceutical assets exclusively in Russia, Georgia, and a number of countries from within the Commonwealth of Independent States, which form part of Takeda's Growth & Emerging Markets Business Unit to STADA Arzneimittel AG for a total value of US$660 million.
  • Goldman Sachs International and Blackstone Tactical Opportunities Advisors L.L.C. in connection with the acquisition of a minority stake with joint control rights in Prima Assicurazioni S.p.A., an online insurance broker.
  • FSI in connection with the investment by FSI and Adler Plastic in Adler Group. Adler Plastic will own 72% of Adler Group, while the remaining 28% will be owned by FSI. According to the terms of the investment, FSI may invest up to a total of €200 million in Adler Group.
  • Nestlé Italiana in connection with its sale of a business unit dedicated to the production of stuffed pasta and sauces operating under the Buitoni brand and located in Italy (Cuneo) to Pastificio Rana S.p.A.

Equity Capital Markets

  • Autogrill S.p.A., the world's leading provider of food & beverage services for travellers, in connection with its €600 million rights issue.
  • UniCredit Corporate & Investment Banking and Goldman Sachs International as joint global coordinators and joint bookrunners in connection with the initial public offering of Piovan S.p.A. on the STAR segment of the Milan Stock Exchange. UniCredit Corporate & Investment Banking also acted as sponsor.