Omar Anwar is an associate in our global M&A and Corporate practice based in London.
Omar has extensive experience advising both listed and private companies on a broad range of complex public and private transactions, including high-profile Takeover Code transactions, mergers and acquisitions, Listing Rules transactions, carve-outs and disposals, stakebuilding, joint ventures, equity capital markets and listed company general corporate advisory and governance matters.
Regularly working across multiple jurisdictions, Omar advises across all industry sectors, including industrial, healthcare and pharmaceutical, services, technology and financial institutions. During his time at White & Case, Omar has undertaken a secondment to the mergers and acquisitions team at Smiths Group plc, a FTSE 100 conglomerate.
Omar is dual qualified, admitted to practice in England & Wales and Scotland.
- Representation of Triton Investment Management Limited on its £1.3 billion recommended takeover offer for Clinigen Group plc.
- Representation of Pagero Group AB, listed on the Swedish NASDAQ, on its competitive offer for Tungsten Corporation plc.
- Representation of Deutsche Bank as financial advisor to Stan Kroenke, who acquired Alisher Usmanov's 30 percent stake in Arsenal Football Club for £550 million, triggering a formal offer for the remaining shares in Arsenal Football Club.
- Representation of UBS as financial advisor to Ion Investment Group on its £1.5 billion takeover of Fidessa Group plc.
- Representation of FTSE 100 Smiths Group plc on a number of matters including on:
- the sale of its Smiths Medical division to TA Associates for US$2.3 billion and then to ICU Medical Inc., for US$2.7 billion, which represented Class 1 transaction for Smiths Group plc.
- the sale of the Smiths Interconnect Microwave Telecoms business to Infinite Electronics Inc. for US$112.5m.*
- its divestment of the Wallace product line to CooperSurgical, Inc. for £140 million.*
- Representation of Gorillas, the on-demand grocery delivery company, on its sale to Getir for US$1.2 billion.
- Representation of SPIE Group (listed on NYSE Euronext Paris) on:
- the sale of 100 per cent of the shares in SPIE UK to Imtech (part of the Dalkia and EDF group).
- the sale of 100 percent of the shares in Triosgroup Limited (being a subsidiary of SPIE UK Limited) to RCapital Partners.
- Representation of Zynga Inc., the listed US-based online gaming company, on its US$250 million acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Gram Games Teknoloji, the Türkiye-based mobile game developer.
- Representation of Cukurova Finance International Limited, on the disposal of its circa 30 percent shareholding in Turkcell, a telecommunications and technology services provider founded and head-quartered in Türkiye and listed on the New York Stock Exchange and Borsa Istanbul, to the Turkey Sovereign Wealth Fund for US$1.6 billion.
- Representation of Prism Group AG, a Dubai based fintech group (acting in consortium with Royal Strategic Partners) on its acquisition of the LSE listed Finablr Group, a global financial services platform.
- Representation of Prism Group AG on its acquisition of the BFC (the Bahrain Finance Corporation), a regional payments and remittance business.
- Representation of FTSE 100 Rentokil Initial plc on its multi-million pound cross border acquisition of the Cannon Hygiene business from the OCS Group.*
- Representation of FTSE 100 AstraZeneca plc on the sale of its small molecule antibiotics business to Pfizer for US$1.2 billion.*
- Representation of FTSE 100 GKN plc on the multi-million pound sale of its Applied Composites business to Saab.*
- Representation of Aura Energy Limited, an Australian uranium company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, on its dual listing to the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange.*
- Representation of Kore Potash plc on its re-domicile to the United Kingdom (by way of a scheme of arrangement) and subsequent listing on the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange.*
* Matters worked on prior to joining White & Case.