Richard is a partner in our global M&A and Corporate practice based in London, focusing on Private Equity. Richard advises private equity houses, infrastructure funds and their investee companies on a range of complex acquisitions, disposals, restructurings and portfolio assistance. He is the head of our London Private Equity team.
Richard joined White & Case in August 2016 from a magic circle law firm, where he spent 13 years.
Ara Partners on its acquisition of Petainer, a UK-based, global producer of sustainability-focused beverage packaging solutions.
Avia Solutions Group, the global aerospace group, on its US$300m preferred equity investment from Certares Management LLC.
Bluewater, the global energy investment firm, on a number of transactions, including its:
- acquisition from Carlyle (and others) of Authentix, a leading global authentication and information services company;
- acquisition of Severn Glocon Group, a global manufacturer and supplier of control valves for the oil & gas industry;
- acquisition from Sandvik of Varel International Energy Services, a global manufacturer and supplier of drill bits for the oil & gas industry;
- acquisition of Revak Keene Turbomachinery and establishment of the Fox Innovation & Technologies platform;
- acquisition, through portfolio company Kent, of the oil & gas resources business of SNC-Lavalin;
- acquisition, through portfolio company Authentix, of Royal Joh. Enschede BV, a specialty printing and security solutions provider;
- acquisition, through portfolio company Severn, of ValvTechnologies, a designer and manufacturer of severe service isolation solutions; and
- acquisition, through portfolio company Pipeline Technique, of Stanley Oil & Gas from Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
EIG on a number of transactions, including its:
- debt and equity financing of the US$3 billion acquisition by Chrysaor Holdings Limited from Shell of a diversified portfolio of oil and natural gas assets in the North Sea;
- acquisition of the West Burton Power Station in the UK from EDF; and
- US$10bn consortium bid, alongside Brookfield Asset Management, for Origin Energy Ltd.
Energean Oil & Gas on a number of transactions, including:
- its agreement to sell certain UK and Norwegian oil & gas assets to Neptune Energy for US$250 million, with further contingent consideration of up to US$30 million; and
- the US$50 million investment by Kerogen Capital in Energean Israel Limited and its $330m subsequent acquisition of the same interest.
HgCapital on its investment in Mitratech, a leading global provider of legal, risk and compliance software, alongside TA Associates and the management team at Mitratech.
Nets/Nexi on a number of transactions, including its:
- €405 million acquisition of Centrum Rozliczeń Elektronicznych Polskie ePłatności S.A. (PEP), a leading Polish merchant acquirer;
- €73 million acquisition of Dotpay, a Polish online payment service provider;
- establishment of a strategic alliance with Przelewy24, a Polish online payment service provider;
- acquisition of the Finnish software developer Poplatek and payment terminal service provider Poplapay;
- acquisition of Finnish payments firm, Checkout Ltd;
- acquisition of CVV Switzerland, a Swiss payment terminal provider;
- acquisition of a 30% interest in Computop Paygate GmbH;
- acquisition of the acquiring assets of paytec GmbH; and
- acquisition of orderbird AG, a provider of cloud-based point of sale (POS) systems for independent restaurateurs and SMBs in Europe.
North Sea Midstream Partners, an investee company of JP Morgan Infrastructure and Wren House Infrastructure, on its acquisition of the Risavka liquefaction plant in Norway.
Oaktree Capital Management on a number of transactions, including its:
- acquisition of the OEG Group;
- acquisition of atomos, the UK private wealth management and investment businesses, from Sanlam;
- equity financing for the acquisition of High Tech Campus Eindhoven, a Dutch science park;
- disposal of MWH Treatment, the UK's leading water engineering and construction management company, to RSK;
- disposal of Kadans Science Partner to AXA IM-Real Assets;
- disposal of the SACO property portfolio to Brookfield;
- disposal of Zodiac Milpro, a Paris-based manufacturer of technical rigid-inflatable boats, to Argos Wityu; and
- establishment of Balance Out Living and Silbury Speciality Finance.
Prax Group on its acquisition of OIL! Tankstellen GmbH, a petrol retailer with subsidiaries and operations in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Denmark, from Mabanaft GmbH & Co. KG.
Providence Equity Partners on its acquisition of d&b audiotechnik from Ardian.
Rhône Capital LLC on its two investments of US$200 million each in Vista Global, the global private aviation group.
Smiths Group plc on its US$2.3 billion agreement to sell its medical devices business to TA Associates and then to ICU Medical under a superior US$2.7bn offer.
Summit Partners on its investment in Advance Medical, a global provider of telehealth services, and the subsequent US$340 million sale of Advance Medical to Teladoc, Inc., a NYSE-listed telehealth provider.
The shareholders of the Khoemacau mine in Botswana on its US$1.8bn sale to MMG Limited.
Three Hills Capital Partners on its investment in Kernel Ltd, a global recruitment business.