Robert Nield is a funds and investment management partner in our global Mergers & Acquisitions practice based in London.
Robert has considerable experience in establishing and maintaining investment funds, co-investment vehicles and managed accounts that invest across a range of asset classes and strategies, including buyout, venture capital, special situations, direct lending, real estate, infrastructure and energy.
Robert also regularly represents investors including sovereign wealth funds, pension plans and family offices in respect of co-investments, secondary transactions and allocations to private investment funds.
Robert has been recognised as a Rising Star for Investment Funds at the IFLR Rising Stars Awards Europe 2020. He also spent a year on secondment at one of the largest corporate pension schemes in the UK where he was responsible for handling all legal matters relating to the scheme's investment activities.
- Queen's Park Equity LLP on its debut private equity fund, Queen's Park Equity Partners I, L.P.*
- A leading credit manager on the formation of a PE-style fund focusing on investments in European structured credit.*
- A large spin-out manager on the formation of its inaugural fund focusing on multi-strategy credit investments.*
- A Japanese pension co-operative with regard to a series of investments in managed accounts with market-leading credit fund sponsors.*
- On the establishment of a closed-ended fund focusing on illiquid credit investments in Africa, and related joint-venture management arrangements*
- A sovereign wealth fund on private fund investments, co-investments, funds of one and managed accounts.*
- A large UK pension fund in respect of the establishment of a £1 billion private equity program.*
- On the structuring and execution of a co-investment in the Iberian real estate sector, acting on behalf of a significant credit fund sponsor.*
- An institutional fund manager on the secondary sale of a large portfolio of limited partnership interests.*
*Matters worked on prior to joining White & Case
Rising Star for Investment Funds at the IFLR Rising Stars Awards Europe 2020