Global law firm White & Case LLP has expanded its Global Mergers & Acquisitions Practice with the addition of Robert Nield as a funds and investment management partner in London.
"As our global private equity and related practices continue to grow exponentially, our global funds formation practice must also grow to support them," said White & Case partner John Reiss, Head of the Global Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. "We remain committed to growing our funds formation practice across our offices, with the addition of Robert and others."
Nield advises a broad range of global fund sponsors and investors on the formation and operation of private investment funds and managed accounts across a range of strategies and asset classes, including private equity, infrastructure, distressed debt, credit, energy and real estate. He also has considerable experience advising on co-investment schemes, carried interest arrangements, fund restructurings and secondary transactions. Nield joins White & Case from Sidley Austin.
"Robert is a dynamic lawyer with experience across a broad spectrum of funds work, from establishment to maintenance and investment," said White & Case partner Philip Broke, Regional Section Head, EMEA M&A/Corporate 2.
Oliver Brettle, a member of White & Case's global Executive Committee, said: "Our ambitions for the continued growth of the London office and our expansion elsewhere in EMEA means there is a strong business need for funds advice in all its forms. Robert is a strategic addition following the recent lateral partner hires in London and the significant build out of our debt finance practice in South Africa, both of which will lead to further demand for capabilities in this area."
In 2021 to date, White & Case has added the following lateral partners in London:
- Private equity partners Ross Allardice, Mark Evans and Tony Brown from Dechert.
- Capital markets partner Evgeny Scirtò Ostrovskiy from Kirkland & Ellis.
- Commercial litigation partner Lawson Caisley from Allen & Overy.
- Project development and finance partner George Kazakov from Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners.
- Real estate finance partner Justin Jowitt from Paul Hastings.
- Infrastructure finance partner Katie Hicks and infrastructure M&A partner Tim Sheddick from Shearman & Sterling.
- M&A partner Ferdinand Mason from Jones Day.
White & Case recently announced its largest ever class of partner promotions, with 59 lawyers promoted worldwide including eight in London and 17 in the Firm's Global Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. The promotions are effective 1 January 2022.
For more information please speak to your local media contact.