Samantha advises on the delivery of major infrastructure projects, with a particular focus on transport and energy projects. Samantha acts on a broad range of transactions, including project delivery, project financing, and mergers and acquisitions.
Samantha's infrastructure experience includes a number of significant public-private partnerships and government procured infrastructure projects, such as the AUD 4.6 billion Queensland Train Manufacturing Program, the AUD 11 billion Metro Tunnel Project and the AUD 2 billion High Capacity Metro Trains Project.
Samantha's recent M&A experience includes advising EIG/MidOcean on its USD 2.2 billion acquisition of a portfolio of LNG assets from Tokyo Gas.
Samantha spent three years working in London in the Firm's Project Development and Finance practice group, where she advised on the landmark USD 20 billion project financing of Mozambique's first onshore LNG development, Mozambique LNG. Mozambique LNG is one of the largest ever foreign direct investments into Africa, including direct and covered loans from 8 export credit agencies, 19 commercial bank loans and a loan from the African Development Bank.
- Advising Downer EDI Rail on its successful award of the AUD 4.6 billion design, build and maintain contract to deliver the Queensland Train Manufacturing Program.
- Advising the Victorian Government on the development and delivery of the AUD 11 billion Metro Tunnel Project.
- Advising the Victorian Government in relation to the commissioning of 65 High Capacity Metro Trains, which is the largest single order of new trains in the State's history.
- Advising the financiers on a landmark USD 20 billion project financing of Mozambique's first onshore LNG development, Mozambique LNG, one of the largest ever foreign direct investments into Africa.
- Advising Neoen S.A. on the EUR328 million project financing of the 404 MW Mutkalampi onshore wind power plant in North Ostrobothnia and Central Ostrobothnia, Finland.
- Advising Hedet vindpark AB, a company owned by Neoen and Prokon, on the development and financing of the 81MW, 18 turbine Hedet onshore wind farm in Finland.
- Advising a bidder in relation to its acquisition of the 200MW Sunraysia Solar Farm Project in New South Wales, Australia.
- Advising the financiers in respect of the A$862 million refinancing of the Worsley Co-Generation Gas Field Power and Steam Project in Western Australia, Australia.
- Acting for FRV in relation to the financing and development of the 100MW Lilyvale Solar Farm in Queensland, Australia.
- Advising EIG/MidOcean on its USD 2.2 billion acquisition of a portfolio of LNG assets from Tokyo Gas.
- Advising the financiers to AustralianSuper in respect of its AUD 1.9 billion acquisition of Singtel's Optus towers assets.
- Advising IFM Investors, Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets and APG Asset Management N.V. in relation to their bid for the privatisation of the AUD 9.7 billion Port of Melbourne.