Tigran is an associate in our Dubai office Corporate/M&A practice. He focuses on M&A projects and joint venture transactions, and advises financial institutions, banks, and private equity firms. Tigran also advises clients on general corporate matters and is regularly involved in conducting due diligence of companies in various industry sectors, including financial institutions, energy and TMT.
Representative experience includes:
Representation of Borealis AG as shareholder on the offering of 3,005,769,158 shares at a price of AED2.45 per share in Borouge PLC, a joint venture with ADNOC. The offering is the largest IPO on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange to date.
Representation of Toyota Industries Corporation (TICO) on the acquisition of all shares in the viastore group, a global provider of comprehensive intralogistics solutions (comprising software, systems and services) based in Stuttgart with subsidiaries in the US, Brazil, Mexico, Spain, France, the Czech Republic and Russia.
Representation of Grain Terminal Complex Taman (ZTKT LLC), – JV company of OOO Demetra Holding and Viterra (former Glencore Agriculture), – in connection with increasing ownership in Port Terminal Taman up to almost 50%.
Representation of SIBUR Holding, Russia's leading petrochemicals giant, in connection with:
- US$ multi-billion acquisition and merger with TAIF Group, creating a petrochemical giant valued at US$27 billion and making SIBUR the world's top five polymer producer. The deal was awarded "Deal of the Year" by Forbes Russia at the end of 2021.
- the disposal of a 40 percent interest in Amur Gas Chemical Complex (Amur GCC) (US$10 billion project) to China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec), China's leading energy and chemical company, within the JV deal.
Representation of Sber, the largest Russian bank and fintech giant:
- (collectively with co-investors) in connection with US$1 billion acquisition of 75% stake in Prosveshcheniye, the largest brand in the educational books market in Russia.
- in connection with confidential projects on acquisition of various assets in Russia and CIS.
Representation of Luxoft, global software company, on various matters related to its activities and commercial contracts in Russia.
Representation of Perm Financial and Industrial Group (PFI-Group), a Russian investment holding company, in connection with acquisition of a minority stake in holding company of ER-Telecom, one of Russia's leading internet services provider and pay-TV operator, employing the Dom.ru brand. As a result of the deal, PFIG's interest in ER-Telecom has increased to 87.29%.
Representation of Brunswick Gold Ltd on the acquisition of shares and warrants of Otso Gold Corp. which owns the Otso Gold Mine near the town of Raahe in Finland.
Representation of Stinn LLC, a member of the private Russian advertising group Vera-Olimp, in connection with an acquisition of 25% in Russ Outdoor, Russia's largest outdoor advertising operator, from French JCDecaux. Earlier in 2019 we represented Stinn on its acquisition of 48.57% of shares in Russ Outdoor. As a result of these transactions, our client has consolidated 73,57% ownership of Russ Outdoor.
Representation of VTB Bank in connection with:
- US$2 billion sale of the 55% stake in Tele2 Russia to Rostelecom, the Russian telecom giant, and further acquisition of up to 30% shares of Rostelecom.
- Acquisition of a major stake in Vozrozhdenie Bank.
Representation of Goldman Sachs and Baring Vostok Capital Partners on the buy-out of the majority stake in Tinkoff Digital Limited, the holding company for Sravni.ru, a Russian online comparison marketplace for financial products.
Representation of Bpifrance, a French sovereign fund, on a joint venture with Orpea SA (a global leading dependency care operator) and Russian Direct Investment Fund for the proposed establishment of Orpea-operated rehabilitation facilities and nursing homes in Russia.
Representation of Founders of MERA, an outsourced product development business headquartered in Switzerland, in connection with the sale of MERA International Ltd. to Orion Business Innovation, a portfolio company of One Equity Partners, a leading US-based private equity firm.
Representation of PPF Group, a global private equity investor, in the sale of a part of the agricultural real estate of the RAV Agro holding to Miratorg, a Russian agribusiness holding company.