Xiang (Rita) Li
Rita Li is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group, based in Shanghai.
Rita's experience includes advising publicly listed companies, privately-held corporates and private equity firms across a broad spectrum of industries on domestic and cross-border share and business transfers, joint ventures, general corporate advisory work, schemes of transfer of insurance business and corporate restructuring.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Huhtamaki Oyj, a key global provider of sustainable packaging solutions for billions of consumers around the world, on its €27 million acquisition of business of Jiangsu Hihio-art Packaging Co., Ltd., a leading manufacturer of paper bags, wraps and folding carton packaging in China.
- Magna International Inc., a leading manufacturer and supplier of seating systems, mechanism and hardware solutions, on its acquisition of a majority stake in HLZX Group, a leading automotive seats supplier to Chinese automakers.
- Bright Scholar, the largest operator of international and bilingual K-12 schools in China, on its US$195 million acquisition of CATS Colleges Holdings Limited, an international school network with a platform of campuses located across the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, and China.
- BVCF, a growth capital focused private equity fund specializing in China life sciences and healthcare industry, in its US$ 20 million investment in Oculis SA, a Switzerland-based clinical stage biopharmaceutical company.
- Schneider Electric, a global player in energy management and automation, in connection with its minority investment in Star Charge, a leading charging pole manufacturer and operator in China.
- BVCF Management Ltd., China's first US dollar fund that focuses on life sciences and healthcare, on its US$61 million sale of its shares in Novast Holdings Limited, a China-based pharmaceutical company that develops and commercializes generic drugs for the worldwide market.