This briefing is the second in our series of briefings on corporate governance and is designed to provide a synopsis of topical corporate governance matters impacting companies in the United Kingdom. This briefing tracks the development of certain matters identified in our first briefing available here and outlines new matters of interest.
This briefing focuses on key matters arising since the start of the year. If you would like further details on a topic, please contact a member of our Public Company Advisory team, whose details can be found at the end of this briefing.
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on listed companies’ obligations
- The Modern Slavery Act 2015
- Corporate reporting: Non-financial reporting developments
- Corporate reporting
- Section 172 reporting
- Corporate transparency and register reform
- FRC Annual Enforcement Review
- Financial reporting updates
- The Corporate and Insolvency Governance Act 2020
- Virtual execution and e-signature
- Senior Managers and Certification Regime extension
- International Corporate Governance Network ("ICGN") developments
- Executive remuneration
- Institute of Directors’ ("IoD") new Centre for Corporate Governance
- Audit market and corporate reporting
- Brydon Review
- Kingman Review
- Competition and Markets Authority
audit market study
- BEIS Committee Report on the Future of Audit
- Governance in the news
The White & Case UK Public Company Advisory ("PCA") team advises UK public companies on their day-to-day legal affairs. In particular, the team engages with listed companies outside of their transaction cycle and provides advice across a range of matters, with particular expertise in corporate governance and corporate advisory. The team is experienced in company secretarial matters and regularly provides support to non-legal functions (as well as legal and company secretarial teams) within PLCs. Our clients range in size and maturity from newly listed companies to mature companies and from small cap companies to global FTSE 350 companies.
The PCA team is part of the network of White & Case offices offering public company advisory services, with specialist practice teams in the US, Germany, Italy and France.
This publication is provided for your convenience and does not constitute legal advice. This publication is protected by copyright.
© 2020 White & Case LLP