This memorandum outlines certain considerations for US public companies in preparation for the 2017 annual reporting and proxy season. Part I of this memorandum discusses new developments and practical action items for the 2017 reporting season; Part II provides a brief overview of recent corporate governance and regulatory developments and trends; and Part III includes a discussion of expected regulatory developments and pending rulemaking initiatives.
Part I. New Considerations and Action Items for the 2017 Reporting Season
- ISS and Glass Lewis Proxy Voting Guidelines
- Annual Director & Officer Questionnaire Updates and Related Matters
- Disclosure Considerations
- Annual Meeting Considerations
Part II. Recent Trends and Developments in Corporate Governance and Regulatory Matters
- Proxy Access
- Other Trending Shareholder Proposals
- Cybersecurity: Risk Management and Related Disclosures
- Compensation-Related Issues
Part III. Future Rulemaking, Looking Ahead
- Dodd-Frank Compensation-Related Rulemaking
- Specialized Disclosure
- SEC Initiatives
Click here to download PDF.
This publication is provided for your convenience and does not constitute legal advice. This publication is protected by copyright.
© 2017 White & Case LLP